+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Wrexham 10.04.23 [NL]

I am really struggling to understand this LW-bashing on here. If anyone on here was offered a 100 points after 43 games, hands would be snapped off without a seconds' hesitation - I don't think this was in anyone's wildest dreams. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing re team selection and if Scott puts the penalty in the opposite corner, we'd all be talking about how much of a chance we are in with winning the league. Fine margins of a freak season.

We were beaten yesterday by a vastly expensively assembled team and we should be proud that we've taken them to the wire as we have.

I'm as nervous as anyone for the playoffs but now isn't the time for bickering, we need to get behind the team for the next (hopefully) 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Austin signed a three year contract in the summer and has had a very good debut season at this level, where do you think he’s going to go haha.

I enjoyed the game yesterday, we went to the toughest assignment in English football currently (on paper), played our way and could’ve won with a bit of luck and better decision making in key moments. No real qualms with the team selection, gave us control of midfield in the first half and then Austin injected energy and directness when he came on, which was presumably the plan. It all kind of worked, but we got done by one superb goal (their second), one clear foul (their first) and two horrible individual errors (their third and the missed penalty). That’s life, I don’t think we should leave that game with any regrets, we gave it a really good go.
    Bang on analysis of the game Jacob.

Having said that I don't see a chance of any collapse in Wrexham's form and i'm not optimistic about the playoffs.

Anyone for an extra time semi-final, followed by pens...

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I am really struggling to understand this LW-bashing on here. If anyone on here was offered a 100 points after 43 games, hands would be snapped off without a seconds' hesitation - I don't think this was in anyone's wildest dreams. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing re team selection and if Scott puts the penalty in the opposite corner, we'd all be talking about how much of a chance we are in with winning the league. Fine margins of a freak season.

We were beaten yesterday by a vastly expensively assembled team and we should be proud that we've taken them to the wire as we have.

I'm as nervous as anyone for the playoffs but now isn't the time for bickering, we need to get behind the team for the next (hopefully) 5 games.
    Yes it could be 50/50 at wembley but a bigger pitch suit our style ? As for the home game we should thrash who ever it is

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post

Well he has dropped 29 points so he deserves some stick how we haven't won all 43 games is beyond me 🤣

In ANY other NL season we win the league but being us we'll end up over 100 points and losing in play offs to 7th place team 30 points behind us !

We do need to get behind the team and we deserve to go up this season there is no debate about it.

Williams is manager of the year for me without us this league was done Dec/Jan.

"Williams is manager of the year for me without us this league was done Dec/Jan."

Amen to that, so true.

"Hindsight is a critical football fan's best friend"

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes it could be 50/50 at wembley but a bigger pitch suit our style ? As for the home game we should thrash who ever it is
    Possibly including BW and Bromley who we always struggle against.

If it's Chesterfield at Wembley, if we get that far, that is another extremely tough test. They are a very good side in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    "Williams is manager of the year for me without us this league was done Dec/Jan."

Amen to that, so true.

"Hindsight is a critical football fan's best friend"
    But we all know it'll be Parky from Wrexham though don't we.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Defending. Well, we wouldn’t be Notts if we didn’t gift a few goals under pressure. Pure stupidity to gift them like that. I’m a fan of Baj, but he can feck right off after that. (Cameron wasn’t much better either.)
    I said a few weeks ago that defending would be the key to whether we won the title or not, and it seems that will be the case.

Kyle Cameron's a good footballer and an asset to the team overall, but it has to be said he's vulnerable defensively. Football pundits often talk about defenders needing the ability to "sense danger" before it fully develops, and Cameron for me often doesn't show enough urgency or aggression at key moments where he simply has to stop the ball or win the tackle. To prevent the first two goals yesterday it was absolutely imperative to stop the ball coming across the box from the right-hand side, but both times he made a half-hearted attempt to do so and then looked behind him hoping someone else would solve the problem. None of Wrexham's goals yesterday were 'worldies', they simply took advantage of passive defending.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    And yet on the ‘team for Monday’ thread your team was the same as yesterday’s apart from Baldwin in for Baj. Baldwin was apparently ill.

I’m very wary about hindsight based team selections. Two of their goals were down to a foul/physical weakness(take your pick) and a piece of Sunday league style defending by a bloke who isn’t really a centre half. I can’t see how LW is to blame for that.

I’m worried that a player as good as Sam Austin will feel his future lies elsewhere after being in and out of the side, but if there are other departures he will hopefully realise he’ll be a regular starter ( the same goes for Cedwyn Scott6.
    I think you should have checked the team you put first Durham before posting that one 😂

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I said a few weeks ago that defending would be the key to whether we won the title or not, and it seems that will be the case.

Kyle Cameron's a good footballer and an asset to the team overall, but it has to be said he's vulnerable defensively. Football pundits often talk about defenders needing the ability to "sense danger" before it fully develops, and Cameron for me often doesn't show enough urgency or aggression at key moments where he simply has to stop the ball or win the tackle. To prevent the first two goals yesterday it was absolutely imperative to stop the ball coming across the box from the right-hand side, but both times he made a half-hearted attempt to do so and then looked behind him hoping someone else would solve the problem. None of Wrexham's goals yesterday were 'worldies', they simply took advantage of passive defending.
    Agree with this, anyone who has seen even a handful or so of games this season or last will have spotted the above from Kyle.

They nearly scored a worldie with the one that smashed the bar, we certainly got away with that one.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast