+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Wrexham 10.04.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Already clearly stated that I'm not a gambler, EP.
    Might have other vices, but that's not one of them.
    Meanwhile, "show me a poor bookie".
    And that's why you are probably best not to get too involved in the subject imho.

Your request is the perfect example.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm a Notts fan of 52 years, so not certain in the slightest, in fact my money usually goes on us losing. It's just that as a gambling man I see your 10/1 assessment of us winning the playoffs as a mouthwatering bet.

To put it into context, the best odds of us winning the playoffs in the real world are 4/5.
    Every week I have notts no clean sheet made a few Bob this season and yes I had Chesterfield to win the play offs pre season 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm a Notts fan of 52 years, so not certain in the slightest, in fact my money usually goes on us losing. It's just that as a gambling man I see your 10/1 assessment of us winning the playoffs as a mouthwatering bet.

To put it into context, the best odds of us winning the playoffs in the real world are 4/5.
    I’d argue the team who finishes 7th will be 10/1 to win the play offs. The lowest placed team who have conceded far more than us, scored far less than us, accumulated far less points than us. Mark Ross who has been missing off this board for large parts of the last last season or so somehow sees it differently.
    Notts as a minimum would be 4/1 based on the fact that 4 teams will be left by the time we join the playoffs. I’d love to know which power house of football, 20 plus points behind us, none of which have beaten us this season, in Mark Ross bozzed eyes are such red hot favourites? Over to you wind up merchant

Just got back after stopping for a bit of food and drink to drown the sorrows.
    Firstly, Wrexham as a town need need to sort out their fecking phone signal! Couldn’t get a signal until we were out of the town.

They were the better team at the end of the day. They played the perfect opposition to our game. They didn’t just press, they pressed hard and physical. Our usual little swerves, turns and triangles had no chance with them steam rolling over players every 10 seconds. In saying that though, they definitely are dirty feckers. Mullins has the smarts of a player from two leagues above. Falling over, diving…all that crap to gain an advantage.
    Ruben was off it because they never allowed him to be on it. Same with Nemane, Chicksen and the lack of crosses.

Defending. Well, we wouldn’t be Notts if we didn’t gift a few goals under pressure. Pure stupidity to gift them like that. I’m a fan of Baj, but he can feck right off after that. (Cameron wasn’t much better either.)

Bostock. I’ll openly admit to being in the “he and Palmer can’t play together camp” when he signed. He is obviously class, and gave it his best and the goal was sublime. Made even better being right in front of us.

Final notes…ground organisation was shocking. Having all the fans meet on one crappy exit is rubbish. So many sodding police all over the place and it ended up with a Wrexham fan throwing something and hitting the lass on the front of the disabled bays in front of us and the Stewards tried their best to say it came from a Notts fan. All those cameras and they had no fecking clue.

Playoffs here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’d argue the team who finishes 7th will be 10/1 to win the play offs. The lowest placed team who have conceded far more than us, scored far less than us, accumulated far less points than us. Mark Ross who has been missing off this board for large parts of the last last season or so somehow sees it differently.
    Notts as a minimum would be 4/1 based on the fact that 4 teams will be left by the time we join the playoffs. I’d love to know which power house of football, 20 plus points behind us, none of which have beaten us this season, in Mark Ross bozzed eyes are such red hot favourites? Over to you wind up merchant
    Already stated above (if you might've condescended to have read it) when pressed by other posters:
    Woking or Chesterfield.

But it's not so much my confidence in somebody else as no confidence in Notts.

In other NL-related news, S****horpe were relegated to the NLN. Yet another example of what happens with shocking owners. And in League 2, Stockport are now 3rd - two more goals for KW today. One back-to-back relegation and one back-to-back promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Just got back after stopping for a bit of food and drink to drown the sorrows.
    Firstly, Wrexham as a town need need to sort out their fecking phone signal! Couldn’t get a signal until we were out of the town.

They were the better team at the end of the day. They played the perfect opposition to our game. They didn’t just press, they pressed hard and physical. Our usual little swerves, turns and triangles had no chance with them steam rolling over players every 10 seconds. In saying that though, they definitely are dirty feckers. Mullins has the smarts of a player from two leagues above. Falling over, diving…all that crap to gain an advantage.
    Ruben was off it because they never allowed him to be on it. Same with Nemane, Chicksen and the lack of crosses.

Defending. Well, we wouldn’t be Notts if we didn’t gift a few goals under pressure. Pure stupidity to gift them like that. I’m a fan of Baj, but he can feck right off after that. (Cameron wasn’t much better either.)

Bostock. I’ll openly admit to being in the “he and Palmer can’t play together camp” when he signed. He is obviously class, and gave it his best and the goal was sublime. Made even better being right in front of us.

Final notes…ground organisation was shocking. Having all the fans meet on one crappy exit is rubbish. So many sodding police all over the place and it ended up with a Wrexham fan throwing something and hitting the lass on the front of the disabled bays in front of us and the Stewards tried their best to say it came from a Notts fan. All those cameras and they had no fecking clue.

Playoffs here we come.
    That's very sad about a fan getting hit. The Wrexham fans seem a decent bunch from their MB. There's always at least one idiot though.
    I went to The Racecourse Ground a good few years ago. Horrible place back then. And of course we lost!

From what I could make of the game on TV, Wrexham had their tactics spot on against Notts today. A really hard press... bordering on the illegal almost... suppose you have to give them credit they kept it up for 97 minutes!

That was some free kick from Bostock, but I think his general play is good anyway. I can't understand the posters who don't like him. Perhaps they will warm to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Given that we’ve lost in the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years and also given that the 2nd placed team has only gone up once in our time in this league, I can’t blame anyone for not being too confident.
    Just out of interest I did a bit of research on the last ten seasons:

season champs pts p/off winrs pos
    -------------------------------------------------
    21-22 Stockport 94 Grimsby 6
    20-21 Sutton 84 Hartlepool 4
    19-20 Barrow n/a Harrogate 2
    18-19 Leyton O. 89 Salford 3
    17-18 Macclesfld 92 Tranmere R. 2
    16-17 Lincoln 99 Forest Green 3
    15-16 Cheltenam 101 Grimsby 4
    14-15 Barnet 92 Bristol R. 2
    13-14 Luton 101 Cambridge 2
    12-13 Mansfield 95 Newport 3
    ------------------------------------------------
    mean 94 mode 2

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Perhaps strangely I don't feel gutted if anything just a little bit numb, I always fear that we might embarrass ourselves in front of the cameras but we didn't, we were just beaten by a very good team, we weren't unlucky, we weren't robbed, we didn't play badly, we were pipped at the post by an exceptional team at this level. In the past I have slagged Mullins off for diving (I still believe it spoils his game) but he was the difference today, he was involved in everything good that Wrexham did & deserved his MOTM. Barring minor miracles we now have to get our heads around the PO but at least we have a few games to do this now & we should have enough left in the tank to do it the hard way. COYP
    I tend to agree with a lot of these points,Mullin was a class above anyone else on the pitch(they wouldn’t have scored 3 with Dalby in his place) he still cheats and left his foot in more than once(did the same thing at ML) but gets away as a forward
    We were the better footballing side although they did very well stopping us play and played the long ball all game.
    I was hoping that LW would get the team defending half a yard deeper in the 2nd half then anything over the top goes to Slocombe or goes out of play and stops Mullin getting down the sides.
    The argument could be that we can’t press as well but I thought our midfield was better and their midfield was just trying to stop us and it would have given us more space to operate in and bring Langstaff into the game.
    As most people I expected Macca to take it but Scott must have felt confident so that’s that …to me we definitely deserved a draw

Strangely I'm not gutted or distraught. Maybe it's because we've pushed Wrexham all the way this season and to be in the position we were in going into todays game we would have taken that before the start of the season. Or perhaps after 30 years supporting Notts you know in the end it's the hope that kills you.

There was a piece of paper between both sides but today like as what happens in most football matches the team that makes the least amount mistakes wins the game. Unfortunately it was us who were to make the most mistakes.

The fine margins and differences today for me were;

Mullin v Bajrami - Mullin got the better of Bajrami for the first goal too easily in my opinion. That may seem harsh on Bajrami but I felt he needed to be physically stronger and not get muscled off the ball so easily. Bajrami error for the third goal, and gave the ball away for what could have been the fourth but Slocombe saved it. A day to forget for him.

John Bostock - Quality free kick and worthy of a match winning goal on another day or in another game.

Cameron - Was notably stronger attacking today than defensively in my opinion. Scored a goal, had the best chance of the first half, and then fired a shot in the second half that Foster got a hand to that Langstaff narrowly missed hitting it in at the far post. Lost the battle with James Jones defensively on a couple of occasions which let crosses in which may seem harsh.

Ruben - Not his usual creativity and below par in my opinion, which again maybe harsh but was also marshalled well by Wrexham.

Langstaff v Mullin - Langstaff was shut out of the game because Chicksen, Nemane and Rodrgiues were not allowed to get balls into the box for him and thus he had no service. It's as simple as that. Mullin was a nuisance, a pain and was given the ball.

James Jones V Nemane - Both played in the same position for their teams and it was Jones who managed to beat our defence and get crosses in more so than Nemane who was kept quiet and this limited the amount of box entries we had. Jones delivery caused us problems and punished us with his link up play with Mullin.

Slocombe v Foster - Foster for me had more work to do and showed his quality. There was the finger tipped save from Cameron's shot, and the penalty save. Slocombe was not at fault for any of our goals, it was the defence.

We were good for a draw, and had we controlled the second half and retained possession like we did the first we would have won the game. For me Wrexham did not win because they were far superior to us, it was our own individual errors that cost us that we were punished for. If it was a battle of the defences Wrexhams won it and were better because they shut out our key creative players like Nemane, Rodrigues and Chicksen which left Langstaff isolated.

This team have and are amazing and the players have given so much to this club. I've tried to be honest in my views based on one game. Nothing changes in terms of how highly I regard these players and team and appreciate how hard they have all worked this season. This season and team will go down in history as being a great side. Today's result could be a blessing in disguise as we can see and know our weaknesses and can work on them ready for the playoffs. We will have learned alot from today and will play far less stronger teams in the play-offs but we must learn from this experience. We are the same side we were before the game who has amassed 100 points. The objective must be the same to win the next five games. Nothings changed in that respect.

Let's not get all downbeat and throw the baby out with the bathwater. Route one back to the EFL may have closed or be just ajar but route two is firmly open.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast