+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Wrexham 10.04.23 [NL]

Those weaknesses have been there all season but have not been put right
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-04-2023 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Fixed typos for clarity

Notts dominated possession.
    But no supply down left or through middle.
    Wrexham goal rarely threatened. Macca isolated.
    Wrexham's first goal a clear foul on Baj.
    Poor defending for their second and third.
    Ruben looked out of sorts all day.
    High pressure penalty. Foster already moved and off line before ball hit.
    Come on Barnet.

I didn't feel at any point in the second half we were going to win that. Similar to ML where we won the first half and were up against it in the second. Stupid errors cost us but the way of playing is what gives us licence to play our game. Gutting not to draw given the final minutes, but a very good footballing side couldn't quite do it against a very good football side.

Title is theirs to throw away now, and you can't say they don't deserve if if they win it. Hope we can beat Woking and set ourselves up nicely for the playoffs - and if Wrexham do stutter, be there to keep the pressure on. They put 3 past Stockport in May, and the straws aren't entirely clutched yet.

First goal was not a foul the Notts player was weak and just tried to do what his captain does most the game, lose control of the ball then fall over.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-04-2023 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Fixed typos for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can easily counter your very lucky with very unlucky if we're cherry picking games.

As Notts78 says, if you're offering 10/1 about us going up via the playoffs I'll stake as much as you will offer.
    I will take some of that also.

[QUOTE=i961pie;40256680][QUOTE=Elite_Pie;40256677]He wasn't fine, he wasn't terrible, he was average.

I will beg to differ.
    For what it's worth, I thought Reuben was very poor today, but the player, apart from Bajrami, who I don't think is worth his place on the pitch is Chicken. Very pedestrian in the last 2 games and didn't look interested at all. He did a very good job being invisible.

Some complimentary words from Ryan Reynolds after the game. Maybe get some USA soccer moms on board.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    I didn't feel at any point in the second half we were going to win that. Similar to ML where we won the first half and were up against it in the second. Stupid errors cost us but the way of playing is what gives us licence to play our game. Gutting not to draw given the final minutes, but a very good footballing side couldn't quite do it against a very good football side.

Title is theirs to throw away now, and you can't say they don't deserve if if they win it. Hope we can beat Woking and set ourselves up nicely for the playoffs - and if Wrexham do stutter, be there to keep the pressure on. They put 3 past Stockport in May, and the straws aren't entirely clutched yet.
    For me Notts were on top first half, and should have gone more for the throat, if we had gone in at half time 2 or 3 up , Wrexham would have collapsed, opportunity missed by Notts.

Our defending was very poor. To only hold the lead for a few minutes into the second half only woke Wrexham up, it never allowed for the pressure to start building on them. Their 3rd goal was an absolute mess from us, in what again let the pressure of Wrexham going into the final 10 mins. As for the penalty, Foster just guessed the right way and got lucky, always a danger they can be saved if they are low on the ground and the keeper goes the right way, lets hope that miss does not cost us promotion.

When all's said and done, we had 3 points each, Wrexham have had better results against other teams, esp. at home, we had too many draws against poor to mediocre teams, its that simple, and also Wrexham have had the luck in close matches, demonstrated today with the penalty save, and in some of their other matches, where they won it with an OG, or a debatable pen. decision
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-04-2023 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Fixed typos for clarity

Mullins was the difference in the game. His relentless running even when clearly knackered unnerved the back line. However, he shouldn’t have been on the pitch. I see on the Wrexham board that some are moaning about the officiating and on another day they win by more. If the officials had done there jobs properly Mullins should have been booked for a ridiculous dive in the first half before eventually being booked for a tackle that some of my mates messaged saying it was a red card challenge (they watch too much Prem football)

We have lost the game fair and square. No point with could’ve or should’ve.

I really don’t see us as a 10% chance of winning the playoffs. I don’t want LW to change the way we play because of one bad day at the office. We are more than good enough to win the playoffs, the league table tells us that and the points picked up against teams in the playoffs tells us that (none of whom have beaten us). We also have the experience in playoffs, the heart ache should drive this squad on.

I do have a conundrum though. Do we really want to win v Woking next week? Beating them could let Cheaterfield take 3rd.

I'm already looking forward to the score prediction thread for the playoff semi final at a majestic Meadow Lane stadium. Should prove very popular for such a big game.

Once the play off fixtures have been determined I may also start a simple thread with the direct question 'win the playoffs or don't win the playoffs' , so there is no hiding place and we can see everyone's thoughts before a ball has been kicked in the end of season knockout extravaganza.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast