+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell (A) 15th Apr

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Lets get to the end of the season before offering any deals. He could go on to lose all other remaining games.

I do like what i hear from him though and i feel comfortable that we have someone who knows what they are doing at the club. I dont have that confindence in most others.
    Even if we lost all our remaining games, I’ve seen enough to be confident in offering him the permanent job regardless of league. If he pulls it off, his stock is high and free to walk to whatever gig is offered. If he doesn’t, then he might walk regardless, and a change in manager is just as harmful, as he’ll now know exactly where we need strengthened, and would be sure he’d sort out, unlike the previous charlatans!! I’d secure his services now, but offer a re-negotiation on salary, given our final position end of season. At last, we appear to have an actual “MANAGER” in charge!

I wasn't too enamoured when JG got the United job but he has shown the massive difference between an experienced coach/manager compared with total rookies. Great to feel good on a Saturday evening again - long may it continue.

Building confidence, coming back from a goal down and look like we are no longer a soft touch! That all helps with the games coming up and I don't think teams will be coming up against us thinking that they will get a walkover.. A lot of work to do and I think the games v Killie and County will decide our fate. It is in our own hands now...one game at a time and six more cup finals to come!

The second Fletcher pen was a disgraceful decision not to give it

Motherwell goal - can Ayina play van veen onside when he is on ground ??

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    The second Fletcher pen was a disgraceful decision not to give it

Motherwell goal - can Ayina play van veen onside when he is on ground ??
    Yes a discgraceful decision, and Yes I’m certain he can play him onside.
    (Although according to Sportscene, VAR checked the wrong phase,

Great result and what summed it for me was the emotion shown by Niskanen when, he scored; missed a couple of similar sitters in previous games, but took his goal well.

Still not convinced about the goalie, although did well today, but he seems to contrive to make a complete ar$e of every save. Felt he could have been stronger at van Veen goal.

The Gaffer had the bottle to take on basically, a lost cause. Probably to prove certain others wrong, he is certainly doing that.

Let's not dive in too early, (we have previous)

I'm sure the club, and Jim, can sit down at the end of the season and discuss the future for all.

I know some folk say he talks well but, might not be convinced. But.......... I much prefer his realistic futba knowledgeable output, compared to Tam's plastic soccer manual orientated soundbites.

In saying that...I hated him as a competitive , dirty, highly driven , motivated (dirty again) hated losing, hard tackling, take no nonsense kinda guy.

Maybe, just maybe... the kinda guy we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Great result and what summed it for me was the emotion shown by Niskanen when, he scored; missed a couple of similar sitters in previous games, but took his goal well.

Still not convinced about the goalie, although did well today, but he seems to contrive to make a complete ar$e of every save. Felt he could have been stronger at van Veen goal.
    I'm delighted for Niskanen tbh, he's had to be patient.
    A lot of our fans don't rate him because of his poor first touch which can be very frustrating to watch at times.
    But what he does bring is pace, unpredictability and a willingness to get the ball into the box. Defenders don't like that. I'm sure those are the qualities that have decided Goodwin to start him and I think he has one assist and one goal in 2 games now. His bad control when one on one in the first half had me head in hands but he was in the right place to pick up his goal and that goal completely changed the match. So well done Immi, keep it up.

Niskanen is rotten footballer but he can get us up pitch better I'd suggest in a game like today than Fotheringham, always fully committed, and his finishing before today is pure stinking, but at least if he keeps getting in positions he has a chance of putting some away.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Niskanen is rotten footballer but he can get us up pitch better I'd suggest in a game like today than Fotheringham, always fully committed, and his finishing before today is pure stinking, but at least if he keeps getting in positions he has a chance of putting some away.
    Never said he was Messi. Would I be right in saying he's got more goals and assists in 2 games than Fotheringham and McLeod have for the whole season 😎

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)