+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell (A) 15th Apr

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    I'm delighted for Niskanen tbh, he's had to be patient.
    A lot of our fans don't rate him because of his poor first touch which can be very frustrating to watch at times.
    But what he does bring is pace, unpredictability and a willingness to get the ball into the box. Defenders don't like that. I'm sure those are the qualities that have decided Goodwin to start him and I think he has one assist and one goal in 2 games now. His bad control when one on one in the first half had me head in hands but he was in the right place to pick up his goal and that goal completely changed the match. So well done Immi, keep it up.
    Movement and hard work.

He gives everything for the cause

Also showed a good bit of composure for his goal today

Well done Immi
    Last edited by LSArab; 15-04-2023 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Never said he was Messi. Would I be right in saying he's got more goals and assists in 2 games than Fotheringham and McLeod have for the whole season 😎
    He has more assists for us than Messi this season too.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    He has more assists for us than Messi this season too.
    😁😁👍

A lot can happen in the bottom six we can’t sit back either. That was our first league win at 3pm on a Saturday this season! The last one apparently was 30th April 2022 against Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    I wasn't too enamoured when JG got the United job but he has shown the massive difference between an experienced coach/manager compared with total rookies. Great to feel good on a Saturday evening again - long may it continue.
    Without conclusive evidence, I think most were probably underwhelmed; and it is still early yet. But every time I hear JG speak, he impresses me more. There are parallels with Levein/Houston era imo, we needed dragging up by our boot straps and he seems to be doing that.

The telling thing for me he used the term ‘our fans’ not ‘the fans’ in thanking them, which makes me believe he wants the job, whatever the outcome at the end of the season. Well done JG/LS and we’ll done fans, I think Ogden will see a different club, if he sticks with it.

So the Motherwell keeper thinks the second one was more of a penalty than the first, although neither were actually penalties? Must have banged his head in the " collision"

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    So the Motherwell keeper thinks the second one was more of a penalty than the first, although neither were actually penalties? Must have banged his head in the " collision"
    When the 2nd one got a brief VAR check he actually then put his top over his head expecting a penalty and a 2nd yellow card and was visibly relieved when neither happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    When the 2nd one got a brief VAR check he actually then put his top over his head expecting a penalty and a 2nd yellow card and was visibly relieved when neither happened.
    Second penalty and a red card all day long. If that had been our keeper at Ibrox, the word collision would have been replaced with assault

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    He was literally telling VAR he brought the boy down, but nah. Incredible.

A great week topped off by a great win against the form table.

Only seen the highlights, but maybe the keeper could have done a wee bit better or defenders busting a gut to cover, and it should have been 2 penalties to us.

Think next week is a must win just to consolidate our position and drag someone else into our survival fight.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)