+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And still the fat lady is not silent

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I have to agree, it's not at all over. Barnet could pull a rabbit out the hat, they score a lot and Wrexham have shipped 5 in the last 2 games. We win Woking and Barnet win on Saturday, we're back to how we were before Monday with us to play an already down Maidstone and York who are probably safe. Wrexham have to play Boreham Wood who are in playoff contention and a Torquay side who have decided to fight. The York game night still yet be interesting

That puff of wind when Scott stepped up might be defining

I was very optimistic pre Friday we could still win it but I think it’s gone now. I was hoping a few weeks back that some how Torquay clawed their way out to need 3 points on the last game, now they’ll probably be on the lash the week before the game because they’ve already sealed survival.

I'm all for the team to go hellbent until it's mathematically impossible...

It is straw clutching though. Barnet and Boreham Wood are more or less pencilled in for 5th and 6th. It's a local derby so finishing 5th over 6th isn't a big deal. And neither can get 4th spot. Why should they go all out against Wrexham? I don't see their motivation.
    The last play-off spot is a battle between Bromley and Eastleigh who both have very nasty run-ins, both play C'Field. Neither of them are catching B'Wood and Barnet.

As for Torquay and Yeovil, they're bottom 4 teams heading for the 6th tier for a reason. Why should they get anything from a juggernaut like Wrexham? And look at Torquay's fixtures compared to Aldershot. They'll be down by the last round of matches.

We had our shot at Wrexham and we didn't hit. As LW said though, even if Cedwyn had equalised, it wouldn't have made a difference.
    IMO, we can follow it until it's mathematically impossible, but it's a minuscule percentage chance. Get ready for the POs in 3 weeks' time.

Question for Elite being the odds man.
    Which is most likely for Wrexham, 2 defeats or 3 draws?
    Either still gives us a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I'd suggest a rephrase....Which is least fantastical, 2 defeats or 3 draws?

A team that's gone W37 D7 L3....which is the least preposterous from 4 games, W2 L2 or W1 D3?
    Anyway, let's see the answer

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'm all for the team to go hellbent until it's mathematically impossible...

It is straw clutching though. Barnet and Boreham Wood are more or less pencilled in for 5th and 6th. It's a local derby so finishing 5th over 6th isn't a big deal. And neither can get 4th spot. Why should they go all out against Wrexham? I don't see their motivation.
    The last play-off spot is a battle between Bromley and Eastleigh who both have very nasty run-ins, both play C'Field. Neither of them are catching B'Wood and Barnet.

As for Torquay and Yeovil, they're bottom 4 teams heading for the 6th tier for a reason. Why should they get anything from a juggernaut like Wrexham? And look at Torquay's fixtures compared to Aldershot. They'll be down by the last round of matches.

We had our shot at Wrexham and we didn't hit. As LW said though, even if Cedwyn had equalised, it wouldn't have made a difference.
    IMO, we can follow it until it's mathematically impossible, but it's a minuscule percentage chance. Get ready for the POs in 3 weeks' time.
    Meh, sometimes a team, (especially a relegated one) who has nothing to play for can be at their most dangerous. *He said clutching desperately at any and every straw available*.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Question for Elite being the odds man.
    Either still gives us a chance.
    Can't give a definite answer because the odds are only done game by game, but I would guess at 3 draws being a bit more likely than 2 defeats.

Their current ppg is an amazing 2.45, they only need 1.75 ppg from the last four.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Meh, sometimes a team, (especially a relegated one) who has nothing to play for can be at their most dangerous. *He said clutching desperately at any and every straw available*.
    In those games, you're asking for them to be savaged by a dead sheep.
    The best hope with Wrexham is that they'll see that dead sheep and want to shag it, and let one slip in mid-coitus

Title race still on(ish), maybe Sid’s optimism wasn’t so misplaced. All over if they get 6 points at home next week, if they drop any though they’re likely gonna need to win at top of the form table Torquay…(as long as we beat Maidstone and York).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast