+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And still the fat lady is not silent

It's a real pity our remaining 2 home games aren't the other way around.

As it is, we have to go out and beat Woking because there's still hope.

If it was all over already, we'd be resting and protecting Maca and Ruben and not showing our hand too much against a potential Wembley opponent.

And not be greedy, with 100pts already, we could let Woking have 3 towards their brave efforts to finish 3rd

As it is though, we have to go out and win. We might be taking it a bit easier against York.

Ok guys i have heard of false hope, and looking on the bright side but where has all this nonsense come from ??

Its OVER, wrexham are finishing top , that was decided on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Ok guys i have heard of false hope, and looking on the bright side but where has all this nonsense come from ??

Yeah it's a gone folks. If only we could have snatched that draw I reckon there would still have been a chance. Best way forward is to storm into the playoffs with three wins.

Head says it's all over, heart says it's not. We still need to win the last 3 games though to give us hope or to keep momentum into the most likely play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Yeah it's a gone folks. If only we could have snatched that draw I reckon there would still have been a chance. Best way forward is to storm into the playoffs with three wins.
    Nah, it's not gone till it's mathematically gone. Are Rectum in a better position than us to lift the title? Absolutely. Are there a set of results (however unlikely) that could potentially happen that could see us take the title? Yep. Bit of a straw clutch maybe, but as of yet still not gone. Do stranger things happen? Sometimes, but they don't usually go in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Notts are 10/1 to take the title now as opposed to Wrexham's 1/20.
    And yet ...
    the only definite 'will win' in Wrexham's remaining games is home to Yeovil. Visits to Barnet and Torquay are tough games and might well only yield draws. And the home match to Boreham Stiff could well produce a surprise result. All we have to do is win our remaining fixtures outright! Where there's life there's hope
    El Sid,
    I think she is, for the time being, but will be in full voice in a couple of games.

I would like to just not bother with Notts now till the play off matches cuz like i said it means nothing in the grand scheme of things whether we win or lose the next 3 games, there are only potentially 2 games that matter
    But you all know i just cant leave it, come saturday i be there with the rest of you - notts county has been in my blood for 40 years it will never stop lol

I would like to just not bother with Notts now till the play off matches cuz like i said it means nothing in the grand scheme of things whether we win or lose the next 3 games, there are only potentially 2 games that matter
    But you all know i just cant leave it, come saturday i be there with the rest of you - notts county has been in my blood for 40 years it will never stop lol
    Well it will be interesting to see how LW handles the last three games. Does he rest our best players?
    For my own part, I've never been convinced of this strategy. Why lose momentum just when you need it most? And players can get injured in training, warm-ups, even at home.

Parking the bus at notts is a lot easier than parking it at Wrexham.
    Notts have the right side but no left side but Wrexham have muscle 💪

I passed her house the other day and I heard her gargling😜

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast