+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And still the fat lady is not silent

And still the fat lady is not silent

Notts are 10/1 to take the title now as opposed to Wrexham's 1/20.
    And yet ...
    the only definite 'will win' in Wrexham's remaining games is home to Yeovil. Visits to Barnet and Torquay are tough games and might well only yield draws. And the home match to Boreham Stiff could well produce a surprise result. All we have to do is win our remaining fixtures outright! Where there's life there's hope
    El Sid,

At this end of the season I don't think there are any definite wins for any team (even Wrexham). Results can be so unpredictable as the season draws to a close, it's just impossible to say.

For Notts, a lot will depend on how the team responds to the disappointment of the last game. How much of a dent has the confidence taken?

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    At this end of the season I don't think there are any definite wins for any team (even Wrexham). Results can be so unpredictable as the season draws to a close, it's just impossible to say.

For Notts, a lot will depend on how the team responds to the disappointment of the last game. How much of a dent has the confidence taken?
    This^^^

Agree with Squid, it ain't over till it's over. The Woking game will tell us what we need to know.

"There's many a slip twixt cup and lip", as my old Mum used to say.

If we can go into the final game of the season three points behind and with goal difference close, there's a chance they could completely panic at Torquay. But for that to happen, we have to win every game.

It would be truly bonkers at this point to win the title, and throwing it away from Wrexham's position is surely something only we'd be capable of. But yeah, it isn't over till it's over.

The little glimmer of hope is Wrexham lose at Barnet. We win our games and then the pressure gets to them last day at Torquay and we take the title on goal difference. Unlikely but not over.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    The little glimmer of hope is Wrexham lose at Barnet. We win our games and then the pressure gets to them last day at Torquay and we take the title on goal difference. Unlikely but not over.
    The small glimmer of hope for me is that maybe Talkie and Yeovil still has something to play for when they meet Rectum. Now Talkie are only 2 pts from safety ATM, while Yeovil are 6, but you never know?

And still the fat lady is not silent? Doesn't that mean she's singing?
    Last edited by countygump; 12-04-2023 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The small glimmer of hope for me is that maybe Talkie and Yeovil still has something to play for when they meet Rectum. Now Talkie are only 2 pts from safety ATM, while Yeovil are 6, but you never know?

And still the fat lady is not silent? Doesn't that mean she's singing?
    I think the noise she's making is heavy breathing as a result of being so fat.

As far as I know, heavy breathing means it's still not over.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think the noise she's making is heavy breathing as a result of being so fat.

As far as I know, heavy breathing means it's still not over.
    There's a comment with a double entendre!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Notts are 10/1 to take the title now as opposed to Wrexham's 1/20.
    And yet ...
    the only definite 'will win' in Wrexham's remaining games is home to Yeovil. Visits to Barnet and Torquay are tough games and might well only yield draws. And the home match to Boreham Stiff could well produce a surprise result. All we have to do is win our remaining fixtures outright! Where there's life there's hope
    El Sid,
    Sorry Sidders but I beg to differ.
    If any team can park the bus it's Yeovil. Yeovil were probably the most stubborn team to break down when they came to Meadow Lane. Don't you remember what party poopers they were last November? Completely unfazed by the big crowd their defence was formidable.
    If any team can take points off Wrexham at The Racecourse I think it's them. There's no way they'll try to win because they know that's simply a bridge too far (just as it was at Meadow Lane). Out of all Wrexham's remaining fixtures Yeovil are the one team that can shut up shop better than nearly every other team in the NL and in their current position they would be so pleased to take a point.
    I'm just so glad it's at Wrexham. If it had been at Yeovil they might have been tempted to be more open and surely loose.
    Fat lady getting ready to sing? She's not even put her helmet on yet.
    Notts can still nick this right from under Wrexham's nose but it might come down to goal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    Sorry Sidders but I beg to differ.
    If any team can park the bus it's Yeovil. Yeovil were probably the most stubborn team to break down when they came to Meadow Lane. Don't you remember what party poopers they were last November? Completely unfazed by the big crowd their defence was formidable.
    If any team can take points off Wrexham at The Racecourse I think it's them. There's no way they'll try to win because they know that's simply a bridge too far (just as it was at Meadow Lane). Out of all Wrexham's remaining fixtures Yeovil are the one team that can shut up shop better than nearly every other team in the NL and in their current position they would be so pleased to take a point.
    I'm just so glad it's at Wrexham. If it had been at Yeovil they might have been tempted to be more open and surely loose.
    Fat lady getting ready to sing? She's not even put her helmet on yet.
    Notts can still nick this right from under Wrexham's nose but it might come down to goal difference.
    Have to agree about Yeovil, hopefully they'll park that bus again as they did with us.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast