+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Villa

Truly awful performance even worse then the Man city and liverpool home defeat but hopefully its just a blip.

So 4-3 on aggregate

Emery has got them lot playing brilliant football. We have been completely outclassed today all over the pitch. I very rarely complain about anything Eddie does but he got his tactics wrong today and his starting lineup in my opinion. Not using Burn as a scapegoat by any means but I just cannot for the life of me see how he starts week in week out over 3 actual left backs. I don't see him really offer us anything in that position and whoever plays infront of him has to work extra hard to constantly drag him out the ****. Bad day at the office.

Aye, Jacko, they were better than us all over the pitch and in the dugout too.

Like you say, bad day at the office. We've been so used to doing that to teams, getting battered like that smarts like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, Jacko, they were better than us all over the pitch and in the dugout too.

Like you say, bad day at the office. We've been so used to doing that to teams, getting battered like that smarts like hell.
    Well..... That was SH!T

As I was saying to a few Toon fans outside VP today, chin up, look where you are, you will be playing CL next season but, not if you play like that, you cought a bad cold today, Villa was rocking and hungry for the win. The rest as they say is history. Anyway, good luck for the rest if the season and 10/10 for the Toon Army, superb as ever! UTV

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    As I was saying to a few Toon fans outside VP today, chin up, look where you are, you will be playing CL next season but, not if you play like that, you cought a bad cold today, Villa was rocking and hungry for the win. The rest as they say is history. Anyway, good luck for the rest if the season and 10/10 for the Toon Army, superb as ever! UTV
    Fair play Dave, your boys bossed it today!

Locked on for Europe mate. With Spurs being a disaster & Man U having Varane, Martinez & Rashford out injured you have a sneaky shot of join us in the top 4.

That would make me laugh my (ock off. Seeing two the so called 'Big six' play in the Europa league & two of them not qualify for Europe at all.

Man that would be so sweet!

Cheers, Dave. You were head and shoulders above in every department today and it could easily have been more than 3.

I haven't felt that chastened during or after a match in a long time so, my thinking is, if I feel like that (and I reckon a lot of us do), then hopefully the players will feel it even more keenly and won't play like that again.

You keep playing like that and top 4 is a genuine target, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Cheers, Dave. You were head and shoulders above in every department today and it could easily have been more than 3.

I haven't felt that chastened during or after a match in a long time so, my thinking is, if I feel like that (and I reckon a lot of us do), then hopefully the players will feel it even more keenly and won't play like that again.

You keep playing like that and top 4 is a genuine target, too.

Reality check, humbling experience indeed. I think we needed it, some sections of the fan bases were talking like we were Peak Real Madrid.

I was getting overly confident myself so down to earth with a bump!

Let's regroup and scream our lungs out for the lads next Sunday again Spurs.

See you in the UCL next year Dave!

Anyone know what's happened to Alberts_lob? Did he have a falling out with someone🤷

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)