+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Luton Town Post Match Thoughts

Luton were faster, stronger, more organised and fitter than us. No superstars, just everyone knowing and doing their jobs.
    We could learn a lot from them.

Two positives were
    The Vickers saves.
    Woodys reception and reaction to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Luton were faster, stronger, more organised and fitter than us. No superstars, just everyone knowing and doing their jobs.
    We could learn a lot from them.

Two positives were
    The Vickers saves.
    Woodys reception and reaction to it.

Agree with that Vickers what a keeper! Humphreys Blackett did their jobs. Wood Rathbone Quina all made an impact when they got on. Bramall also. Don't know how Lindsay stopped on Fosu can't play him in midfield.. Peltier Harding weak links. Leo sorry to say same also. Change what didn't work for Tuesday go again that's all we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Luton deserved to win, but boy are they brutal. Number 5 played as a gridiron interference man.
    The Ref was weak and bullied all through the game by them. Why did he allow Morris to berate him for several minutes without reaching for a card? If you want resect officials, earn it.
    Great performance by our keeper. Probably saved over 50 goals between them. As for their underworked goalie, why was he dressed as a Victorian street urchin. Who in God's name would buy their child that monstrosity?
    😂 I think the tights made it look worse if that’s possible

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    �� I think the tights made it look worse if that’s possible
    Never mind the goalie, why on earth was Bell wearing gloves?? ��

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Can we get a pressure guage for the ball, then if game is stopped for a 'flat' ball, but proven it was ok, they get a yellow for time wasting.
    There was a lot of time wasting but on that occasion a Luton player actually went up the tunnel to get a ball out of the bag because the 4th official was dithering

Luton had already stopped the game by then though and broken up play
    So a token gesture perhaps

I thought we played ok, without ever really threatening them, they are a top 4 team and until the 45th minute we had kept them to 1 real attempt on goal. In fact i think if we had held out to half-time and reorganised back to a shape we played in previous games we might have scraped a point. I don't understand this attcking of Lindsay, since he returned to the side we have looked a lot tighter in midfield, his job is to break-up play and give it to someone else he does that very well. For me yesterday the poor performance by Fosu in midfield meant in the last thrird of the first hald they played through our midfield which was light due to the formation. It seemed to me we picked a formation to allow peltier and harding to both play.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I think there is something wrong with Harding.
    I don't think he is bothered about been at the club.

Can't we just admit we was beaten by a team going for promotion to the premiership
    I suspect the same is true for Fosu. Don’t think he cares a jot for RUFC.

A poor game for us Miller fans, Luton Town were a yard faster than the Millers, they had a centre forward in
    Carlton Morris who will give any defender a game they will remember him for.
    Vickers save was brilliant, Humphreys & Blackett were good, I thought Lindsay kept pecking away at the Luton
    team, but we did not have anyone else in midfield who showed anything.
    Hugill needs someone up front with him, like going back to the centre forward / inside right which worked for a
    lot of teams, but modern tactics changed all this.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Thought exactly the same about their keepers outfit, Jocks. It looked like he’d forgotten his kit and had to go into an already well raided lost property box and pick his way through the remnants. I thought Kes was better dressed in the football match scene…
    ...Kes was also mentioned by a mate who sits with us ......''Off that goalpost off that goalpost i won't tell you again''...I can see it now

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    There was a lot of time wasting but on that occasion a Luton player actually went up the tunnel to get a ball out of the bag because the 4th official was dithering

Luton had already stopped the game by then though and broken up play
    So a token gesture perhaps
    5 mins later the centre half was again squeezing the replacement ball towards the ref.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast