+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Luton Town Post Match Thoughts

Ball Boys / girls

Yesterday young girl behind the goal north stand on the west stand side, never moved, Vickers had to
    keep getting the ball himself, plus happed a couple of times at the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    5 mins later the centre half was again squeezing the replacement ball towards the ref.
    Lol yes indeed.
    It’s no good the ref theatrically tapping his watch every five minutes either because adding on time is only half the story. Luton did it to break up play and kill our momentum which they did a lot after we had made the subs. It then becomes a lot easier to manage the game down

At one point virtually all of their outfield players went over to the touch line for a prolonged drink.

Bookings are the only solution and if he picks a player that,s already on a yellow then they think twice

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I thought we played ok, without ever really threatening them, they are a top 4 team and until the 45th minute we had kept them to 1 real attempt on goal. In fact i think if we had held out to half-time and reorganised back to a shape we played in previous games we might have scraped a point. I don't understand this attcking of Lindsay, since he returned to the side we have looked a lot tighter in midfield, his job is to break-up play and give it to someone else he does that very well. For me yesterday the poor performance by Fosu in midfield meant in the last thrird of the first hald they played through our midfield which was light due to the formation. It seemed to me we picked a formation to allow peltier and harding to both play.

Odoffin me for Lindsay who can only try to break up play. Haks scored a couple of good goals in last few months.

Agree with gru (!) Odoffin offers a goal threat, especially from set pieces.

Serious question, we have Wes doing long throws into the box......why ?
    All the big lads are stood in our half every time,surely the point of this tactic is to create something out of an aerial threat.
    Utterly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    I think wes has been fantastic in last 2 games .. The ball wasn't going to go out for a goal kick and there was a Luton player behind him .. In his defence ,I think he was going to chest the ball Back to vickers,but when the ball bounced right infront of him it change direction with his arm raised to take the chest.... So has he moved to chest it and the ball spun onto his arm .
    You are deluded pal.He has been crap for the last 2 seasons, how many points has he cost us with arguing with officials x2, unnecessary free kicks, cornerns and panalties?Get rid asap.

Harding he's a right back. Yesterday both wing backs him & Leo were like makeshift in that position didn't work. I know what I've said about Wood but needs must we need to get over the line re. staying up. He's got to start got to be a back 3 if all fit right to left Humphreys Wood Blackett. Chieo Bramall wing backs. Coventry Odoffin Rathbone central midfielders. Quina behind Hugill up front. Vickers in goal he's won shirt back for me waited all this time took his chance with last 2 displays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Whilst I fully agreed with giving Vickers MOM, I thought Humphries was outstanding for us also frog. UTM
    I think Humphries is a brilliant defender and we are very lucky to have him playing for us.
    He made their forruds look silly at times yesterday with his movement and touches but it was the first time that I have seen anyone do that to him.
    That’s what I meant when I said that they maybe look human.

I agree with you regarding him being our best player.

You can see why Luton have done well this season,having a very well organised squad and not had to make too many changes, unlike us ,who through injuries have had to make more adjustments throughout the season.Conceding goals just before and straight after the break was obviously a major blow and Luton were in the driving seat thereafter.On to Burnley and the team posted on 77 by Gru,I would go along with.At Turf Moor they couldn't handle Bramall's pace and Burnley were relieved when they got him sent off.We were unlucky not to get something from that game.I still think Leo has quite a bit to offer us in these final games as well.There's only MT who knows the fitness levels and we will leave it to him to choose the best team available.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    You can see why Luton have done well this season,having a very well organised squad and not had to make too many changes, unlike us ,who through injuries have had to make more adjustments throughout the season.Conceding goals just before and straight after the break was obviously a major blow and Luton were in the driving seat thereafter.On to Burnley and the team posted on 77 by Gru,I would go along with.At Turf Moor they couldn't handle Bramall's pace and Burnley were relieved when they got him sent off.We were unlucky not to get something from that game.I still think Leo has quite a bit to offer us in these final games as well.There's only MT who knows the fitness levels and we will leave it to him to choose the best team available.
    So why the need to dive?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast