+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Livingston (H) 22nd Apr

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, it's almost certain we'll have to go to Kilmarnock again. 🤔
    I don’t see it that way. We are due Killie Ross County and Motherwell at home and Saints and whatever one fails to make the top six away. We have to give up one of those home games but as Motherwell are not involved in the relegation battle surely it should be their game that is reversed so that we play County and Killie home and away twice.
    However knowing the way the SPFL work that will hardly happen. Fairness is not a word in their vocabulary.

One of the post split fixtures is midweek. What’s the betting we get the double whammy of not just Killie away, but Killie away on a Wdnesday night.

Motherwell are due three homes games. Killie are one of those. To make them play Killie away, would mean having them play another two teams, a third time at home. The domino effect of that on the other teams in the bottom six means the chance of it happening has to be slim.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    One of the post split fixtures is midweek. What’s the betting we get the double whammy of not just Killie away, but Killie away on a Wdnesday night.
    The midweek game is almost guaranteed to be at Tannadice. It's the second last game of the split, and with us having three away games to play, our last game will be away from home. As per previous years, you always play home & away in the last two fixtures.

I've heard the polis have already requested we are away from home on the final weekend as it clashes with the R1 Big Weekend.

If Livingston finish in the bottom half, I think St.Johnstone will have played 4/5 of the post-split teams away from home twice.
    Hopefully, it’s them that get Kilmarnock Away for a third time, and not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy_Shimmy View Post
    If Livingston finish in the bottom half, I think St.Johnstone will have played 4/5 of the post-split teams away from home twice.
    Hopefully, it’s them that get Kilmarnock Away for a third time, and not us.
    In that scenario I think they'd go to Motherwell a third time. Motherwell are due three home games, but as it stands, only have County & Killie left to play at home. Saints there for a third time then gives them and Saints nine**** home and away.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 17-04-2023 at 07:58 PM.

The bottom line is that if things stay as they are, we will be due to go to Perth and Livi and that will happen. So we can only get two out of the three of Killie, Well and Coonty. Out of them all I’d probably be happier going to Coonty even though they currently are a direct rival. If we end up going to back to Killie, it’s a shafting. Pure and simple. I would hope the Club are even now making our feelings on this potential known.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The bottom line is that if things stay as they are, we will be due to go to Perth and Livi and that will happen. So we can only get two out of the three of Killie, Well and Coonty. Out of them all I’d probably be happier going to Coonty even though they currently are a direct rival. If we end up going to back to Killie, it’s a shafting. Pure and simple. I would hope the Club are even now making our feelings on this potential known.
    I think it’s only fair that the teams that are involved in the relegation fight should meet their rivals on an even footing I.e. they play them home and away twice. Thus if need a fixture changed it should involve Motherwell and the seventh placed team.

I’ve looked at the balance of home / away implications.

I think as set out above its best for us if Livi stay down in bottom 6

Extra incentive for us to do the business on Saturday

The post split fixtures are going to be so important but even more important is going into them in 10th

I think the other two have a chance of a result on Saturday there are going to be twists and turns to come no doubt

Team are playing well and hopefully can be showing the additional work rate and hunger to win

A clean sheet would be nice as we’ve not had one in league since the St J game (dode fox fact)

The first goal is going to be massive on Saturday

COME ON UNITED !!

Let’s get the 3 points on Saturday and put Martindale in his place 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think as set out above its best for us if Livi stay down in bottom 6
    Agreed, but for no other reason than them making top six means they beat us on Saturday. F*ck that.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)