+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ❎Fans' Player of the Season voting now open

How about this:

Most talented : Ruben da Rocha Rodrigues
    Most consistent: Matty Palmer
    Most valuable : Macaulay Langstaff
    Best all-rounder : Ruben da Rocha Rodrigues
    Best achievement : Macaulay Langstaff
    Biggest surprise package : Aaron Nemane
    Most underrated : Aden Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    How about this:

Looks good, but I'd put Austin as most underrated (even though I rate him very highly).

How about this:

Very disappointing - can't argue with any of that!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Very disappointing - can't argue with any of that!

Does that count as 'next to nothing'? Regardless made me smile, but I'm sure others will have a slightly different list under those categories.

In any normal season it would have to be Palmer but this is no ordinary season so Macca wins it for me with over 40 goals and breaking all the records. We will probably never see the likes of that again at Notts.

I do think Sam Austin's finishing in particular has gone under the radar, and so underrated, he score all types of goals and makes them look incredibly easy. I know he doesn't have the silky skills of RR but his assists ratio is off the scale as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    You know it’s been a phenomenal season when we have a striker scoring 41 goals, and I’m not sure he’ll get my vote!
    Exactly my thoughts

Think I will go Ruben..

For me it has to be Macca. Record breaker for Notts and League. Palmer and Ruben are pure class for this league so is a bit of a surprise when they have an average game the last couple of years. Special mention goes to Nemane. A revelation at wing back this year and Sam Austin who I expect to be a huge player for us next year regardless of the division.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Absolutely…..he’s top of the step for exactly the reasons you mention, surely? Not sure your’e not on the wind up there laddo!?

Without Palmer at the heart of the team, making us tick and the whole team being based around him then there’s no way on earth that Langstaff scores 40 odd goals. I love Macca of course, but Palmer has been on another level for two seasons….Macca may only be involved for 90 seconds a game, Palmer is exceptional for 90 minutes every game. That’s why he wins by a landslide for me 🙂

……But I expect Macca to get it 😂
    I agree, if there is one player I wouldn't want injured from now until the playoffs end it would be Palmer. To run the miles he does, never shirk a challenge, rarely misplace a pass, never lose his temper or get silly bookings, never get injured and still be as hard running as he was at the beginning of the season is incredible. Always available to receive the ball from teammates no matter how tightly marked he is.
    Any other season Langstaff should stroll it and I won't be unhappy when he does win it but for me Palmer is the most consistent player in the division.
    Chicksen deserves a mention too I think, very consistent and done really well to convert himself into a goalscoring wing back.

The top 3 are set for me, with the rest honourable mentions. However the play of the season should be Macaulay Langstaff. His club and league record breaking number of goals combined with his tireless running and closing down of opposition throughout the game means he's my clear choice.
    Totally agree.

There are many players in the current squad who deserve immense praise, but ultimately, the winner has to be Macauley Langstaff, for scoring over 40 league goals. I think even the other 'contenders' would be somewhat embarrassed if the award went to anyone other than Macauley, because goals win games and his tally this season is truly exceptional.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast