+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we hope for?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The Spireites as per above are very likeky candidates in the final and are hitting their straps at the right time. However I still fancy Boreham Wood to get something out of their trip to Racecourse. That will be a nervy affair in my opinion and with Boreham Woods outstanding reputation for being spoilers it could prove to be extremely trick for Wrexham. I don't care who we get at home in the Semi Final I am confident we will beat anyone and it won't be Chesterfield. If it's Chesterfield in the final it's simply 50:50 for me then.
    Well we’ve seen it tonight, top at home vs bottom and Arsenal have had to get 2 late goals to muster a draw, anything can happen in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Petered1864 View Post
    Its not over yet. Been quite embarrassing this week with all the tv coverage. It seems everyone thinks is done and dusted but make no bones about it, long standing Wrexham fans, not the bandwagon brigade are not as arogant as that.
    It's easy to spot the long suffering Wrexham fans from the newbies on Red Passion.

You are obviously the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's easy to spot the long suffering Wrexham fans from the newbies on Red Passion.

You are obviously the former.
    The only one's that think it's 'done & dusted'...are the media, hoping (with everything crossed), that we balls it up, which will lead to an even bigger frenzy - and even more headlines for them all week!

All 'proper' Wxm fans know it's an extremely tough game....and one in that a WIN is the only result we want (even a loss makes no difference, it's got to be all 3pts)

It's deffo squeaky bum time, but WHAT a season it's been...

Lots of time for Wrexham, won't be sad at all to see them back in the league if that's how it turns out.

Think it was against Wrex that I saw Mick Vinter (rip) head past their goalie straight from a (McManus?) goalkick at a sunny Meadow Lane back in the day. eta: of course he went on to play for Wrexham. Our two clubs share some good history all told.
    Last edited by Maggie's Farm; 21-04-2023 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie-Wotsit View Post
    WHAT a season it's been...
    That bizarro feeling is something else we share, with our Munto season. Yours will turn out better!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Given that fate has dealt us an atrocious hand so far in the playoffs, who do you think would be our preferred opponents in the Meadow Lane leg. And who would it be best to avoid?
    Then if the gods smile down on us and we make it to Wembley, who would be the opponent most likely to give us a tough time?
    Of course, all this speculation is just in case Boreham Wood and Torquay don't deliver in the remaining matches.
    Who Cares who we get - we are the best - and capable of proving it ...

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well we’ve seen it tonight, top at home vs bottom and Arsenal have had to get 2 late goals to muster a draw, anything can happen in football.
    And then nearly won it as Southampton papped themselves in injury time and Arsenal hit the bar!

As my favourite ever pundit Greavsie said many a time "it's a funny old game".

However even if we lose in the play offs looking at next years competition and even if we lose a couple of super stars I am supremely confident with Luke Williams is in charge. The non league Pep? Bloody Oath he is!

Just watched Luke Garrards pre match interview pre Wrexham and he's going their for win. They want 5th place so it'll be a harder game than Yeovil that's for sure. He said he's hoping for a Hollywood plot twist.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-04-2023 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Just watched Luke Gerrards pre match interview pre Wrexham and he's going their for win. They want 5th place so it'll be a harder game than Yeovil that's for sure. He said he's hoping for a Hollywood plot twist.
    Ohh, lets have a look.

It doesn't matter who we play, we will be the better team by a country mile.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast