+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we hope for?

Who do we hope for?

Given that fate has dealt us an atrocious hand so far in the playoffs, who do you think would be our preferred opponents in the Meadow Lane leg. And who would it be best to avoid?
    Then if the gods smile down on us and we make it to Wembley, who would be the opponent most likely to give us a tough time?
    Of course, all this speculation is just in case Boreham Wood and Torquay don't deliver in the remaining matches.

TBH we shouldn't fear anyone. We are 22 points ahead of third place, we didn't get there by mistake, just believe in our ability to beat anyone on the day and we should be fine. That said, please can we avoid Chesterfield in a final if we end up there!

Exactly, with a fit squad give me any of the possibilties at Meadow Lane with a prize of a final at Wembley.

If you can't be confident this season, you never will be.

As for the final, gun to the head I would hope to avoid Chesterfield too but no fear whoever it is.

I'd like Barnet in the SF and Eastleigh in the final.

Looks like we will get Barnet in the SF, which is probably preferable to BW or Bromley who both held us to a draw at ML, but the odds of them avoiding defeat at ML for a 2nd time against this particular Notts side must be quite low. I'd expect us to make the final against any of those 3.

Eastleigh would have to snatch 7th spot and somehow win away against the team in 4th and then beat the team in 3rd, I expect it will be either Chesterfield or Woking in the final, more likely Chesterfield who are the one team I'd be a bit concerned about. Any of the others would be overwhelmed by the difference in support.
    Southend could technically sneak in, which would be a worry, but that seems unlikely.

Said a few weeks back I fear Cheaterfield will be our opponents in the final. Still think this will be the case.

we need fear no one

except the officials

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie's Farm View Post
    we need fear no one

except the officials
    and penalties

I think if we get to the final,the most probable opponents are Chesterfield, and I can only hope the players are more confident than the fans. To a man, we all seem to be scared of them, rightly or wrongly. I think as UTM says we should hope for Eastleigh in the final but I think I have just seen a pig drift past the window.

The Spireites as per above are very likeky candidates in the final and are hitting their straps at the right time. However I still fancy Boreham Wood to get something out of their trip to Racecourse. That will be a nervy affair in my opinion and with Boreham Woods outstanding reputation for being spoilers it could prove to be extremely trick for Wrexham. I don't care who we get at home in the Semi Final I am confident we will beat anyone and it won't be Chesterfield. If it's Chesterfield in the final it's simply 50:50 for me then.

Its not over yet. Been quite embarrassing this week with all the tv coverage. It seems everyone thinks is done and dusted but make no bones about it, long standing Wrexham fans, not the bandwagon brigade are not as arogant as that. Its a travesty given the gap between the top two and the rest that we both don't go up automatically.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast