+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who do we hope for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Some unfortunates like Harrogate go bust and Notts get promoted in their stead.

Seriously, does it really matter who the hell we get? It's going to be very difficult.
    Seems very simple to me, win 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Yes could easily now be Chesterfield in the semi and Woking in the final.
    At least that way we can limit Chesterfield support to 2000 like we did against Grimsby last year. That didn’t turn out well though.
    We can’t play Chesterfield or Woking until the final as they are guaranteed to finish 3rd and 4th, we will play the winners of 5th v 6th. So one of the B’s - Barnet, Bromley or Borehamwood. Southend could scrape in but only into 7th.

I think Bromley and Boreham Wood are the only teams we haven't beaten this season, so sod's law it will be one of them in the semifinal.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Yes could easily now be Chesterfield in the semi and Woking in the final.
    At least that way we can limit Chesterfield support to 2000 like we did against Grimsby last year. That didn’t turn out well though.
    Chesterfield will be 4th minimum so will play 7th in quarters and then Woking in semi final if they win.

We'll have one of Barnet, Bromley or Boreham Wood in the semi

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    We can’t play Chesterfield or Woking until the final as they are guaranteed to finish 3rd and 4th, we will play the winners of 5th v 6th. So one of the B’s - Barnet, Bromley or Borehamwood. Southend could scrape in but only into 7th.
    Thought Notts played the winners of the 4th v 7th play off. If I have understood this correctly it could mean we play one of Woking, Chesterfield, Bromley or BHW. The way I see it is that 3rd/4th still not currently decided between Woking and Chesterfield whilst 6th/7th is also up for grabs principally between Bromley and BHW. I think we can discount Southend as BHW only need a point from their two remaining games to secure at least 7th spot.

As others have said we may well meet up with our Derbyshire friends from up the M1 at some point and, if so, I would prefer to play them in the semi final at ML.

In truth we should continue with the football we have been playing and fear no one. The only concern I have is a repeat of the home game v D&R where everything seemed against us, officials, footballing gods, the woodwork and a former player scoring a wonder goal when he had failed to hit the proverbial barn door when playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Some unfortunates like Harrogate go bust and Notts get promoted in their stead.

Seriously, does it really matter who the hell we get? It's going to be very difficult.
    No, not really as they're all gonna be tricky ties at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Thought Notts played the winners of the 4th v 7th play off. If I have understood this correctly it could mean we play one of Woking, Chesterfield, Bromley or BHW. The way I see it is that 3rd/4th still not currently decided between Woking and Chesterfield whilst 6th/7th is also up for grabs principally between Bromley and BHW. I think we can discount Southend as BHW only need a point from their two remaining games to secure at least 7th spot.

As others have said we may well meet up with our Derbyshire friends from up the M1 at some point and, if so, I would prefer to play them in the semi final at ML.

In truth we should continue with the football we have been playing and fear no one. The only concern I have is a repeat of the home game v D&R where everything seemed against us, officials, footballing gods, the woodwork and a former player scoring a wonder goal when he had failed to hit the proverbial barn door when playing for us.
    No we definitely play the winners of 5 v 6. Eliminator A (5 v 6) will play the team in 2nd. All in the NL info - link below.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...a-nation-71003

Notts biggest problem is there own back 3 😁

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Notts biggest problem is there own back 3 😁
    Possibly true it's either the central defence or inept officials.

However this is a great place to be, every other side who ends up in the playoffs biggest problem is Notts County FC. None have beaten us this season , all have been far more inconsistent with biggest weaknesses of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    No we definitely play the winners of 5 v 6. Eliminator A (5 v 6) will play the team in 2nd. All in the NL info - link below.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...a-nation-71003
    Thanks Cam and I apologise for my mistake. Always best to get it straight from the horse’s mouth rather than rely on spurious website goal.com. Should have known better as thinking back to the last three seasons the play offs have worked the way you have stated.
    Last edited by KintoreMagpie; 23-04-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast