+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local elections...

Local elections...

I'm presuming that there's one coming up soon as I got a knock as the door by representatives of Labour asking if my ex was in,I told them that she wasn't and they then asked who I was voting for,it's got nowt to do with you I replied but after he had gone I looked at the leaflet he wanted me to pass on and was asking what they could do for us in the neighborhood,now if there's not a local election on then maybe I was being hasty in giving them the boot but if they only turn up on my doorstep to get me to vote for them then they can ram it!

I sit eagerly awaiting the Tories representative

#MichaelPayne

My tactic with election canvassers was to establish immediately which party they were canvassing for.

Their aim is not really to persuade you to vote for their party if you are seriously against it. It is to discover who you will certainly be voting for. In a General Election if you would like to vote for their party but you find it awkward to make the journey to the polling station they will arrange a lift for you. They will not wish to spend much time talking to you unless you are undecided who to vote for. They have a lot of doors to knock on. They want to identify and count people who will certainly vote for their party, who will certainly not and who is undecided.

So my tactic when talking to a canvasser of a party that I will not vote for is to claim that I am undecided and then take up a lot of their time in being theoretically able to be persuaded to vote for that party. Thus with such time taken up they are not going to get to everyone's door to do their evil work. Of course it is possible to pretend to be undecided and eventually pretend to be persuaded to vote for them and get them to send a car for you and then vote for the person that you always intended to vote for.

If the canvassers are for a party that I will vote for then I will tell them the truth and they can quickly get on their way to do their fabulous work.

I've had a look at who my local MP was and it's some bloke called Tom Randall (Cons) who won by only 1.4% in the General Election against Labours Vernon Croaker so I expect him to come knocking on my door anytime soon,turnout for the voting was 69.9% percent which sounds impressive to me

I've had Labour knocking on my door today asking for my ex again,they knew her by name but not me,I told them that I was going to vote Labour and down with the Tory scum and all that they represented just to get rid of them but it wasn't until I looked at the flyer that they gave me that I noticed two different names to the other Labour candidate ,the first one wanted me to vote Michael Paine but these two bandwagon jumpers are David Ellis and Roxanne Ellis,so which one do I vote for,I always thought that there was only one candidate from Labour,one Conservative etc but now it's getting complicated and still no visit from the Tory reps yet

It’s local council elections Chalky, there might be a reason for that. I got back on the Parish Council without the need for a vote as there were fewer standing than there are positions to fill. Up the road in Aspatria that are NO candidates standing so a council or councillor will have to be imposed.

I would never vote in a general election again after the fiasco we've seen the last few years. The whole lot of them are an absolute disgrace.

...and they have been in power for 13 years now.

What I want to know is who voted for the b*stards?

Stand up and be counted.

Frank! FRANK! FRANK!!

It's election day today going by the Labour flyer that got pushed through my door,I'm still not sure which of the three Labour candidates to vote sure so I didn't bother,the flyer didn't mention any candidates either but just to vote for Labour so maybe they can't push names on the day or summat, Tories never bothered knocking on my door but maybe it's because my front garden needs doing and Im probably working class scum,no independent came a knocking on my door either so I hope that Labour win

Based on the ratio of Covid deaths per million of population our UK Covid deaths of 221,000 thus far are approximately 200,000 more than there should have been in comparison with any of the economically top ten countries.

So, the 6th best economy in the world was failed dismally by a government responsible for 200,000 excess deaths. But currently 28 out of every 100 people are willing to re-elect these evil b­astards. Maybe, a long time ago when the Conservatives were respectable, their then supporters decided that whatever happened they would always vote Conservative. That is illogical but I see it as the only reason. Nobody with the slightest hint of a conscience can vote Conservative while the current inept, corrupt buffoons are running the country. Their only competence is in their ability to be formidably corrupt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)