+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts MK Dons v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts MK Dons v Barnsley

I really don't know how Duff is going to play these last two games .

Give three or four a rest , some decent minutes in the legs for Benson , Thomas , Cundy and Watters who for all we know we may need in the play off campaign .

What I do know is that Duff won't be looking outside his favoured 16 or changing the system from what I was told this afternoon .

A point tomorrow and three next Saturday will be perfect, keeps us in fourth and hopefully keeps Peterborough out of the play offs.

I am starting to worry a bit now, about our form and confidence, as we build towards those Play offs.
    This isn't just a knee jerk reaction to the Ipswich game, its based on a number of our recent away performances. Duff might feel the need to change things up a bit, although that can be just as difficult as sticking with a full strength team.
    I'm not sure what to expect now, in this last away league game.

I am not sure our away form is as bad as some think, we had a difficult game at Lincoln & kept a clean sheet & previous to that we put 5 past Forest Green, I expect Duff to put out a strong team at MK as he is morally obliged to do so plus he appears to be an honourable man & will make sure we give it a go , I expect us to bring back the points & hopefully a clean bill of health from the players on duty .

I trust Duff, and this certainly isn't a dig at him.
    And in fairness we were conned by the ref at Burton, with the pen and sending off not given.
    Duff might want a few fresh legs and heads at Milton Keynes tomorrow, and it could be a right dangerous scrap for us, because they really need the points.

I’m of the opinion that we lost against Ipswich to make sure we didn’t play them in the play offs. …..simples. Lose and the team we fear most are gone.
    I also think that Mr Duff knows where he is going post May already. Up, or down for us.
    And Benson League one standard…… ??
    save his poor legs, he will need it next season playing for Bradford or Halifax ………

Duff seems like somebody who sticks with a team, until it goes as far as possible. I wonder if he felt that it had gone far enough with Cheltenham, and that he couldn't take them to the Championship.
    Its been said that if we don't go up this time, and maybe even if we do, then he's off. And Huddersfield and Reading and Bristol City are just a few clubs who have been suggested.
    If we lose him, then its right back to square one yet again, and we'll get all the usual no hopers on the list, like Hasselbaink and Appleton etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’m of the opinion that we lost against Ipswich to make sure we didn’t play them in the play offs. …..simples. Lose and the team we fear most are gone.
    I also think that Mr Duff knows where he is going post May already. Up, or down for us.
    And Benson League one standard…… ??
    save his poor legs, he will need it next season playing for Bradford or Halifax ………
    I take it you have been on the pop Jules , you are saying we threw the match against Ipswich , Duff already has a new club & Benson is non league class , disagree with you but judging by the time you made the post I think I will treat your post light heartedly .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Duff seems like somebody who sticks with a team, until it goes as far as possible. I wonder if he felt that it had gone far enough with Cheltenham, and that he couldn't take them to the Championship.
    Its been said that if we don't go up this time, and maybe even if we do, then he's off. And Huddersfield and Reading and Bristol City are just a few clubs who have been suggested.
    If we lose him, then its right back to square one yet again, and we'll get all the usual no hopers on the list, like Hasselbaink and Appleton etc.
    Acido , before Barnsley Duff has only had two clubs in his career , so he tends to hang about at a club an awful long time, in this mornings Yorkshire post he talks about what ever happens this season we need to build on it , this does not sound like a man who is about to jump ship & regarding the clubs you have mentioned Huddersfield & Reading have had numerous names touted but they are only speculation & Bristol already have a manager & are not even looking for one, I might be wrong because at the end of the day money talks but I expect Duff to be here in August & apart from the usual rumours there is nothing to suggest that he won"t be .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I take it you have been on the pop Jules , you are saying we threw the match against Ipswich , Duff already has a new club & Benson is non league class , disagree with you but judging by the time you made the post I think I will treat your post light heartedly .
    Mr Jules has been known to partake in a small, dry sherry on a Friday evening,
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-04-2023 at 08:00 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast