+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home form going into play offs

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Code for--

I won't be able to find the statement because it was never made.

Conway (Arseoyle) did say on the stage of the Fanzone prior to the Stendel second season home game to Luton Town (24th August 2019) that "We are here to consolidate our Championship status and then take our ambition further".
    I don't recall a statement from the club of consolidation last summer either SB. From the clubs point of view, I expect that the remit for Duff was qualifying for the play offs with a 25% chance of promotion but I'm only guessing at that. From a financial point of view, the club needs an instant return to the championship, thus creating the necessary TV revenue to straighten the finances out wi art the consortium having to subsidise the wage bill for yet another season in league 1. In other words- promotion Shyte or Bust.

If Parekh has bought out Lee's shares it will have cost him a fair bit.

Added to his original share holding Lee has bought another almost £2 million worth of shares in the Emergency Share Issues used to keep the club afloat this season. He will want that back with extras.

Added to Parekh's bill are wages which will not be met with another year of Third Division income, no reserves in the bank, an EFL Covid loan of £1.8 million to pay back and the Crynes expecting repayments of the purchase price. Unless Parekh (wealth unknown) puts a lot of money in the only source of revenue left is player trading, which could sluffen Duffy.

I like that phrase "Promotion Sh1t or Bust" Pass.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-04-2023 at 04:59 PM.

If Parekh has bought out Lee's shares it will have cost him a fair bit.

Added to his original share holding Lee has bought another almost £2 million worth of shares in the Emergency Share Issues used to keep the club afloat this season. He will want that back with extras.

Added to Parekh's bill are wages which will not be met with another year of Third Division income, no reserves in the bank, an EFL Covid loan of £1.8 million to pay back and the Crynes expecting repayments of the purchase price. Unless Parekh (wealth unknown) puts a lot of money in the only source of revenue left is player trading, which could sluffen Duffy.

I like that phrase "Promotion Sh1t or Bust" Pass.
    Maybe you should change your name by deed-poll SB from Sowerby Bridge 😁

I'm certain that Parekh said very early in the season (in an interview with the Yorkshire Post or Radio Sheffield) that the aim of this season was to consolidate then depending on how things were going by Christmas maybe invest to see how far we could push it. There was no big fanfare and I don't remember anything else being said.

One last thought. I wouldn't like to be in Parekh's position unless he has financial backing. The Cryne's also appear to be in an awkward position. I suspect they may have to settle for a payment in shares if Parekh doesn't have the finance to pay them which would increase their share of the club but could be a share of nothing if the club is in a poor financial state. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Best I've known it for years. We've won 13 out of our last 14 games at Oakwell. Out of those 14 games we've scored 37 and conceded 11.

The solitary loss out of those was to Bolton where Mads was red carded after 5 mins and gave Bolton a penalty.

Early season we were struggling at home and lost a few games. We looked inconsistent and shaky at times. However, we've been really convincing from November onwards.

After yesterday we can't finish below 4th place which means that the second leg of the play offs is at home. If we can bring anything back from the first leg away to whoever we face, then thaz got to fancy our chances of getting the job done back at Oakwell.

OK, our away form of late could be better and so too the performances which is a cause for concern. Its a case of getting the away leg out of the way with minimal damage and then getting them back to fortress Oakwell and finishing the job in my opinion.

Yesterday was our 9th consecutive home win. In my 35 years of supporting us, I can't recall a run of consecutive victories like that at Oakwell. Out of those 9 successive wins, we have been convincing with them and played some top teams during that run and blown them all away.

It certainly bodes well for the play offs doesn't it. I don't think any of our potential play off opponents will be relishing coming to Oakwell for the second leg without a substantial lead
    We're certainly going to need our house form to continue for the rest of the season Pass. Trouble is, the further you get into a good run the more likely it is to end. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I'm certain that Parekh said very early in the season (in an interview with the Yorkshire Post or Radio Sheffield) that the aim of this season was to consolidate then depending on how things were going by Christmas maybe invest to see how far we could push it. There was no big fanfare and I don't remember anything else being said.
    I don't read the Yorkshire Post or listen to Radio Sheffield Arbs. I believe what you say. As you say it surprisingly hasn't been widely quoted much, if at all, at the time or since so has been "lost" in the media. Everything is coming to fruition in line with Parekh's Cunning Plan

Nudge clearly remembered it and was right. Apologies for doubting him.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 25-04-2023 at 08:12 AM.

I don't read the Yorkshire Post or listen to Radio Sheffield Arbs. I believe what you say. As you say it surprisingly hasn't been widely quoted much, if at all, at the time or since so has been "lost" in the media. Everything is coming to fruition in line with Parekh's Cunning Plan

Nudge clearly remembered it and was right. Apologies for doubting him.
    I must admit that I haven't fully thought it through yet.SB, but what do you think Parekh's plan is ?

Parekh's Cunning Plan--

1. Consolidate until Christmas

2. "Invest" post Christmas to see how far we can push it

3. Wear scarf round neck at a jaunty angle

Do above without spending a penny from any owner's pockets that can't be got back and hoping to God the Head Coach can work miracles.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 25-04-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Parekh's Cunning Plan--

1. Consolidate until Christmas

2. "Invest" post Christmas to see how far we can push it

3. Wear scarf round neck at a jaunty angle

Do above without spending a penny from any owner's pockets that can't be got back and hoping to God the Head Coach can work miracles.
    😂

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123