+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Ponte Carllo 2-2 Carlton Town

O/T:- Ponte Carllo 2-2 Carlton Town

This week's blog from Pontefract featuring:

Mark E Smith, Rob Burrow, 'Ticknall Terry' and the Mighty Millers.

https://stickypalms.blogspot.com/202...lton-town.html

Cheers
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-04-2023 at 10:38 AM.

I do keep an occasional eye on how local teams are doing lower down. Good to see Worksop have gone up as champions, Long Eaton and Alfreton in the promotion play offs too.
    Can't say I've ever noticed play off spots for relegation threatened clubs since 1987/88 season, and that was only one spot for a club to potentially save itself (which only Charlton Athletic managed to do IIRC). How on Earth does two relegation play off spots work?
    Good luck to Carlton being successful in them and staying up!

Always enjoy reading these Sticky, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I do keep an occasional eye on how local teams are doing lower down. Good to see Worksop have gone up as champions, Long Eaton and Alfreton in the promotion play offs too.
    Hucknall Town won promotion yesterday after beating Birstall United on penalties in the playoff final at Meadow Lane.

Not the real Meadow Lane, Birstall's ground shares the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hucknall Town won promotion yesterday after beating Birstall United on penalties in the playoff final at Meadow Lane.

Not the real Meadow Lane, Birstall's ground shares the same name.
    What league are they in now? I tried to look on their website but it didn't say. I used to go watch them with my Grandad when they were in Notts Alliance.

They were in the United Counties Division 1 so will probably be promoted to United Counties Premier Division North which is level 5 on the pyramid system. They now have a new ground across the road from the old one. The old ground will soon be a Lidl.

Great read, I really like the alternative restaurant guide contained within too! 😂

Long Eaton also won their play offs so are waiting to see where they will go in Step 3 North or South
    Won both matches on penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Long Eaton also won their play offs so are waiting to see where they will go in Step 3 North or South
    Won both matches on penalties
    Must be hoping to go into the same regional league as Ilkeston and Basford (Southern Premier Central). Apparently it was back to back promotions for LEU, incredible to think they are now only two promotions behind Notts (though hopefully that becomes three later this month).