+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post split fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Yes now confirmed.

sevco away
    hibs home
    hertz away
    st mirren home
    celtic away

Switching celtic and st mirren games suits us I think
    I think that's probably right.
    That should be three points.
    Avoid defeat against the Diets and that should clinch third, just about.

So Sevco v Hibs is on TV but us v Diets (same weekend) isn't.

Raselickbyrawaybutbigman should clinch the league against the Diets.
    But how funny would it be if the Diets beat them but we beat Sevco to hand the JJs the league three quarters of an hour later.

I was sure they'd try to work it so they clinched the league at home.

Our goal difference deficit worries me - all else being equal between us and Hearts, we are a defeat and a draw away from losing third spot. We need to really try to score some more goals and concede fewer to reverse that.

To be fair we can't really concede less than what we have since Robson came in, think it's a +8 goal difference since he got the gig.

Beat Rangers/Hibs and at worst draw with Hearts and it comes down to the St Mirren game which I think is a very healthy position to be in.

Are they making the rules up?

I understand that there has to be a bit of gerrymandering of the fixtures to give each team 19 home/ 19 away. But I thought there was also a rule that said each team would have 2 home games v the uglies. Am I making that rule up?

Presumably if it does exist then we have agreed to the change. I'm not complaining, just looking for transparency on how decisions are made. (I know, how naive)

Can anyone help with the rules?

Think it comes down to the previous years finishing position, as we were tenth then we have the least leeway with what we get after this split.

So the frivolous extra game costs us Shinnie for hertz away

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    To be fair we can't really concede less than what we have since Robson came in, think it's a +8 goal difference since he got the gig.

Beat Rangers/Hibs and at worst draw with Hearts and it comes down to the St Mirren game which I think is a very healthy position to be in.
    I mean in the remaining games and I’d be surprised if we don’t concede in any of those. If we end up being a defeat and a draw poorer off than Hearts though, it’s likely that our goal difference will be poorer still. Lots of different permutations and there will undoubtedly be twists and turns along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Our goal difference deficit worries me - all else being equal between us and Hearts, we are a defeat and a draw away from losing third spot. We need to really try to score some more goals and concede fewer to reverse that.
    But how much are the Diets getting elsewhere?
    Look at it this way, we get one win from our home games and don't lose to the Diets, they need 8 points to level us.
    They beat St Paisley and HIV, 6.
    That means they need a couple of points from the cheeks games.
    And this is assuming a "worst case" of us losing all our other games.
    If we win our two home games I think we're set, even if the Diets beat us.

Hopefully the green cheek will want to win the league in style and put six or seven past the minis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast