+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Richard Hawley

O/T Richard Hawley

I just don't get the hype. Can't sing, can't dance, and his legs are thin. For someone who appears to have achieved cult status, if only in Sheffield, I find him talentless and soporific. Can someone please educate me? Explain what he is about?

Try this.Praise from R.E.M.'s Mike Mills led to Hawley being approached to support the group on several concert dates in 2005. After contributing to Nancy Sinatra's 2004 self-titled album, Hawley supported her on a European tour in 2005 and duetted with her on several of the tour's concerts.

Hawley provided vocals for "Bad Woman", a B-side to Arctic Monkeys' single "Teddy Picker", released on 3 December 2007. He also co-wrote and provided vocals and guitar to the song "The Fix" on Elbow's Mercury Prize-winning 2008 album The Seldom Seen Kid. Hawley also performed the song with the band at the Glastonbury Festival in June 2008, on The Culture Show in June 2008, at Elbow's homecoming gigs in Manchester in 2008, Wembley Arena in March 2009, Blackpool's Empress Ballroom in March 2009 and at the MEN Arena in September 2009. He reprised his collaboration with Elbow on 17 January 2009 for a special recording of The Seldom Seen Kid with the BBC Concert Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios, which was subsequently released as a special edition CD and DVD set titled The Seldom Seen Kid Live at Abbey Road in March 2009. He appeared with Elbow on 19 March 2011 while the band were in Sheffield to perform "The Fix" during their UK tour.

Geets, can you match that? I'd say he's covered quite a lot in his career.

To be honest I don’t like him either.

Of course I can't match what he has done. He recently played the Royal Albert Hall. I just don't get him.

But he has got thin legs.

I must admit, I’m not a fan. However, the new Everything But The Girl album is majestic in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Of course I can't match what he has done. He recently played the Royal Albert Hall. I just don't get him.
    Somebody does or they wouldn't buy his tickets. Each to their own choice I suppose.

Better than Reverend and the Makers anyway.

He has become as synonymous with Sheffield as Henderson's relish! He failed the auditions to be in Morrissey's first band after The Smiths broke up.I guess he's never looked back since!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast