+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Try again- the final games and who has who.

Looks like Rodrigo should be fit for Sunday which must help.

Unfortunately everything is out of our hands, no way are Leicester and Everton both going to lose at home, and I can't even see us winning either, we may scrape a draw, but that's it.

This time two seasons ago, we were told we'll be pushing for a spot in Europe the following season. Never quite worked out. Reminds me of the Indian chicken owners of Blackburn, predicting winning the Champions League in 6 seasons. They were as far from reality as our deluded clueless clown experts.
    It's been a terrible season for me.....Nederlands robbed of World Cup glory by a cheating dwarf. Ajax likely to come 3rd in the Eredivisie and Leeds relegated.
    Now the bureaucrats going after gambling sponsorship yet remain silent on a "vaccine" they told us gave immunity from covid (LIE), stopped anyone getting sick or dying from covid (LIE & LIE), stopped covid transmission (LIE) and was "safe and effective" (LIE & LIE). Children having strojes and heart issues now normalized. Just lost a 39 year old fully vaxxed friend on Monday ( he joins a list of 6 healthy people I knew, under 40....this year so far!!) to an unexpected heart issue and dead. Wife and two kids in shock. Nothing to see here....move along....oh look....gambling sponsorship on shirts. Football is just the "circus" part of 'bread and circuses'. By "coincidence" B-i-L, also vaxxed and boosted, died of a heart issue on Monday too. Oh look.....gambling sponsorship on football shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Thrashed again… shyte performance an inept manager… players staying in an un Leeds United silence …Chelski
    Difference being that for the Chelski players, f00king up carries with it very few consequences (if they stay, they stay, if the y leave they will leave for obscene amounts of money, for the LUFC players who (perhaps) may have had dreams of a PL career that lasted a little more than a season or two, the prospects of relegation must be a very bitter pill to swallow, something some might just see as being enough to warrant "going public"?

Anyway, all is stuff and nonsense, when we start out life back in the Championship, we will see who (if anyone) actually wants to play for us and just how "solid" the dressing room might be.

Actually starting to feel a little optimistic about relegation now.

Whilst I have said throughout the season this squad overall is the strongest we have had for many a year. I feel managerial short comings, aging of players injuries and the opposition having successfully and easily work our tactics out, has helped propel us out of the league.

I think a season in the championship, blooding more of our youngsters, losing some of our veterans and replacing them adequately and of course having a good manager will see us storm back up to the premiership with an even better squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post

Whilst I have said throughout the season this squad overall is the strongest we have had for many a year. I feel managerial short comings, aging of players injuries and the opposition having successfully and easily work our tactics out, has helped propel us out of the league.

I think a season in the championship, blooding more of our youngsters, losing some of our veterans and replacing them adequately and of course having a good manager will see us storm back up to the premiership with an even better squad.
    I hear ya - presents the opportunity to re-evaluate and make the necessary changes (doesn’t mean it will happen but there is a decent chance it may).

Also will allow more youngsters to show whether they have ‘it’ or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post

The squad we have is the result of the "investment" made by our current owner and the 49-ers. The former has no intention of staying and will be playing with his new toy come the new season. The latter, if they have had any input to the "investment" have shown that they haven't a scooby doo as to how to recruit either experienced professionals or talented youngsters, hence the sh1te that we are witnessing at present.

There are no other suitors on the horizon that might wish to take on board the basket case that is LUFC, and even if it was the 49-ers taking on the remaining shareholding (god forbid), it will take weeks to do so, and by then we will be on the cusp of another season, only this time with a squad that is no better than the current one (oh my!), as transfer activity wouldn't be possible until the ownership issue is resolved, and unlikely even to have a manager/coach in place, never mind all the underlying infrastructure and support that would be required to properly prepare for life in the Championship.

Wrong time, wrong place.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)