+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On line racism

When they eventually find who it is then the club and bbc for that matter should at least let us know if he’s a fan or not

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    And the knee-taking will continue forever.
    Yes And your telling me this in some cases is not a trigger…

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Odious as the comments are, they are just that, words.
    There’s muggers, burglars rapists etc walking the streets. If there was spare places then fine lock him up, but I would say get the others off the streets is a higher priority for ordinary people, not some drunken keyboard warrior.
    Need to keep this in perspective.
    Very much agree. Just read the statement below from Cardiff. Do they not realise that hate and disrespect is everywhere at football matches and all over social media. If a player has a bad game or the ref makes a mistake there are abused and nothing is ever done. You can't have a list of abusive words that can or can't be used. I've even seen plenty of abuse during the Brexit debates and during covid times regards masks and vaccines.

Racism is a bit of a red herring, it's part of the bigger picture which is a lack of respect towards your fellow human being.

Cardiff City also issued a statement, saying: "We've seen the appalling racist abuse posted on Twitter following last night's game and are in contact with the police and Rotherham United.

"We welcome Rotherham United's strong and immediate public condemnation and their forthcoming investigation in conjunction with the relevant authorities.

"We are supporting our players through this and hope that the strongest level of action will always be taken against any individual found guilty of perpetuating hate in our sport
    ."

There’s muggers, burglars rapists etc walking the streets. If there was spare places then fine lock him up, but I would say get the others off the streets is a higher priority for ordinary people, not some drunken keyboard warrior.
    Where do you draw the line?

Let the muggers go because there are murders to solve?

Let racism go because there are muggers to catch?

Is a crime a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post

Racism is a bit of a red herring[/B]."
    So it's ok?

Here’s a thought
    How about dealing with both issues ….and any other crimes that come along in the meantime
    A bit radical but something to strive for
    Perspective indeed

It's an all consuming topic for some.

Racism seems to offend more people it's not aimed at, than people who are victims of it.

You have to wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post

Racism seems to offend more people it's not aimed at, than people who are victims of it.

You have to wonder why?
    The worrying part in my opinion are " the silent ones"

How big is that part of our community? Those that are sick and tired of the " racism debate" but say nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post

You have to wonder why?
    Basic maths. The majority of people in this country are white and don't suffer racism.

The reality is that all right minded people don't want to live in a society where people are subjected to abuse for the colour of their skin. The majority happens to be white, even if being a decent human is distributed equally amongst all groups.

Now that you have been informed the nature of the abuse grist, if the source is orrect, would you condemn it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The worrying part in my opinion are " the silent ones"

How big is that part of our community? Those that are sick and tired of the " racism debate" but say nothing?
    Yes, I'm sick of it too. If we didn't have people being subjected to racist abuse, we wouldn't have to debate how we handle it would we?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast