+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 🏆Fans' & Players' Player of The Season: Macaulay Langstaff

Well I'll have a guess, 1.5 m if we go up, 1 m otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I would love to know the (acceptable and realistic) figure the club have in mind once the season is done and dusted. They must have one, an offer that is just too good to turn down. What that is is anyone's guess?
    There won't be just one team interested and it depends how much a club can afford to take a gamble. I wouldn't sell him for less than 7 figures with another sell-on clause.

ML is an asset and I think poacher instincts translate better through the leagues than say a good lower-level target man so I'd quote £2/3 mil if championship clubs come sniffing. If his 40+ NL goals translate to 15/20 goals in the championship then that could be the difference between a £150m windfall for that team or not.

I'm sure a championship team won't want to potentially miss out on the next Vardy for the sake of a few hundred grand with what they could potentially gain through future revenue if he's a success at his next club.

I'd be utterly amazed if we see him again after May.

Middlesbrough are in a similar position with Akpom. 28 goals at Championship level (with 5 games still to play potentially), will have alerted the Prem clubs. What's the going rate for a 27 y-o like that? Someone with a very similar profile to Ivan Toney

If they fail in the play-offs (or even if they succeed), they could get a real windfall for him. Follow that money.
    Even Midds themselves might want to replace with 2+ strikers, edge their bets, including a hometown boy maybe. This kind of scenario might see a valuation met.

What happens with P'boro's Jonson Clarke-Harris is another one to watch

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I would love to know the (acceptable and realistic) figure the club have in mind once the season is done and dusted. They must have one, an offer that is just too good to turn down. What that is is anyone's guess?
    Would have thought 7 figures plus a decent sell on clause say 10%

I can’t remember how much Birmingham we’re paying for Tshimanga but it was no where near 7 figures and there’s nothing to suggest he wouldn’t have gone on to get 40 goals that season either but for his injury. That said I suppose he was more of a risk coming back after a long lay off. I’d like to think though that 7 figures is the number though for a player obviously just starting to come into his prime and one with time to get so much better as well.

Macaulay Langstaff has been named the National League's Player of the Season, as voted for by member clubs! 🏆

Rumours that it was #landslide victory

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I can’t remember how much Birmingham we’re paying for Tshimanga but it was no where near 7 figures and there’s nothing to suggest he wouldn’t have gone on to get 40 goals that season either but for his injury. That said I suppose he was more of a risk coming back after a long lay off. I’d like to think though that 7 figures is the number though for a player obviously just starting to come into his prime and one with time to get so much better as well.
    I thought it was £750,000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123