+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ****1ng joke of a club

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm trying to see a reasoned argument in what you're saying but am struggling.

Where is the written agreement between the DSA and DFC that entitles affiliated supporters' club members, who are also season ticket holders, to additional priority over season ticket holders that are not members of supporters' clubs affiliated to DSA? And where are fans generally advised that there is this additional perk and thereby encouraged to join an affiliated club?

Who asked DSA affiliated clubs to submit names with season ticket numbers? The DSA presumably? Were the DSA advised by DFC that they should do that or did they do it off their own backs assuming it was to get priority?

I'm pretty confident if a supporters' club submitted 50 member names and season ticket numbers, was given 50 tickets, and only 40 season ticket holding members actually wanted tickets, the supporters' club wouldn't be handing 10 tickets back to DFC but would distribute them to their non season ticket holding members. It's happened before and is the reason , is that fair?
    Posted above before finishing it.

.....I'm pretty confident if a supporters' club submitted 50 member names and season ticket numbers, was given 50 tickets, and only 40 season ticket holding members actually wanted tickets, the supporters' club wouldn't be handing 10 tickets back to DFC but would distribute them to their non season ticket holding members. It's happened before and is the reason the club no longer give that priority, is that fair?

I'm trying to see a reasoned argument in what you're saying but am struggling.

Where is the written agreement between the DSA and DFC that entitles affiliated supporters' club members, who are also season ticket holders, to additional priority over season ticket holders that are not members of supporters' clubs affiliated to DSA? And where are fans generally advised that there is this additional perk and thereby encouraged to join an affiliated club?

Who asked DSA affiliated clubs to submit names with season ticket numbers? The DSA presumably? Were the DSA advised by DFC that they should do that or did they do it off their own backs assuming it was to get priority?

I'm pretty confident if a supporters' club submitted 50 member names and season ticket numbers, was given 50 tickets, and only 40 season ticket holding members actually wanted tickets, the supporters' club wouldn't be handing 10 tickets back to DFC but would distribute them to their non season ticket holding members. It's happened before and is the reason , is that fair?
    Not one for reading constitutions but there is an agreement between DSA and the club, contact either them or Greg Fenton for confirmation, the email for lists to be submitted came from joe at the ticket office, I’m not great with putting links up here but I could email you the sheet if it would convince you

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Not one for reading constitutions but there is an agreement between DSA and the club, contact either them or Greg Fenton for confirmation, the email for lists to be submitted came from joe at the ticket office, I’m not great with putting links up here but I could email you the sheet if it would convince you
    Sorry but that's not enough for me. If you want to prove your argument present the evidence to back it up, don't ask me to go and get it.

Only 2 things I can respond to there - firstly if you haven't read the constitution of your own club let alone the DSA how can you argue that there is an agreement? Secondly maybe Joe in the ticket office was unaware of the previous abuse by clubs of the member name and season ticket number procedure that saw non season ticket holders obtain tickets whilst season ticket holders missed out?

I disagree that the majority will travel with supporters' clubs to any away match, I think I counted 8 buses at Inverness and not all were full. Let's assume 50 people per bus, that's 400 (maximum) out of I think 1200 tickets sold to Dundee fans. That's not a majority. That alone tells me the bigger demand for away tickets is from non DSA affiliated member club fans. Trains to and from Arbroath were rammed, there were as many on the train I was on as there were on all the buses run by affiliated clubs - that was one train.

And again I'll reiterate, the vast majority of Dundee fans are not members of DSA affiliated clubs and will have little or no interest in the running, either at profit or loss, of any DSA affiliated club and its buses. The supporters' clubs know the risks and should not stamp their feet, be taking petted lips and whinging when they don't get what they want.
    Seen 6 buses at morton, lowest away crowd of the season, Arbroath like Raith is always an attractive train trip, young ones travel free by bus to Arbroath so will not travel on normal supporters buses, I’ll agree to disagree on numbers as they obviously fluctuate depending on where the match is, but I won’t change my thoughts on a percentage being put aside for DSA affiliated clubs

Sorry but that's not enough for me. If you want to prove your argument present the evidence to back it up, don't ask me to go and get it.

Only 2 things I can respond to there - firstly if you haven't read the constitution of your own club let alone the DSA how can you argue that there is an agreement? Secondly maybe Joe in the ticket office was unaware of the previous abuse by clubs of the member name and season ticket number procedure that saw non season ticket holders obtain tickets whilst season ticket holders missed out?
    Constitution of own club ?? Get real

You seem to make an assumption that all fans are dishonest, do you think it’s ok for sponsors of the team to get priority for tickets

In my opinion the problem for this fiasco lies ‘fairly and squarely’ with the bosses who drew up the SPFL fixture list for the 2022-23 Championship season.
    They should have realised that the team who had been relegated from the Premier League in May 2022 might pushing for promotion at the end of the 2022-23 season. Queens Park did not know where they were playing their homes games when the SPFL Championship fixture list for the 2022-23 season was published as work on Lesser Hampden had stopped due to a dispute between the contractors and the Queens Park management.
    This resulted in Queens Park becoming third choice to play their home games at Ochilview home of Stenhousemuir FC.
    The SPFL should have a minimum capacity of 5.000 spectators for all football stadiums in the Championship which would have prevented this ticketing shambles for the Queens Park game next Friday.
    It will be interesting to see what happens next season if Queens Park win promotion because their home ground at Lesser Hampden has an all seated capacity of 1,774. seats.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Constitution of own club ?? Get real

You seem to make an assumption that all fans are dishonest, do you think it’s ok for sponsors of the team to get priority for tickets
    Your club doesn't have a constitution? No rules, no set number of officials and no guidance? Is it even a club or just a group of mates that go to games together on a bus? Can I join?

All I said was that previously supporters' clubs were found to have been allocated tickets for members who were season ticket holders but some of those tickets went to non season ticket holding members, that's dishonest, whilst non affiliated season ticket holders missed out. I didn't say all fans are dishonest, that was just you making an assumption and twisting my words.

If part of a sponsorship deal is that priority premium ticketing is given then yes that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion the problem for this fiasco lies ‘fairly and squarely’ with the bosses who drew up the SPFL fixture list for the 2022-23 Championship season.
    They should have realised that the team who had been relegated from the Premier League in May 2022 might pushing for promotion at the end of the 2022-23 season. Queens Park did not know where they were playing their homes games when the SPFL Championship fixture list for the 2022-23 season was published as work on Lesser Hampden had stopped due to a dispute between the contractors and the Queens Park management.
    This resulted in Queens Park becoming third choice to play their home games at Ochilview home of Stenhousemuir FC.
    The SPFL should have a minimum capacity of 5.000 spectators for all football stadiums in the Championship which would have prevented this ticketing shambles for the Queens Park game next Friday.
    It will be interesting to see what happens next season if Queens Park win promotion because their home ground at Lesser Hampden has an all seated capacity of 1,774. seats.
    How can you blame an auto generated fixture list for a club refusing to allocate as many tickets to another club as they want or need?

Do you think somebody sits at a desk with a load of names and dates and says 'let's have team A against team D that day'? You do understand it's a computer that does it don't you?

Your club doesn't have a constitution? No rules, no set number of officials and no guidance? Is it even a club or just a group of mates that go to games together on a bus? Can I join?

All I said was that previously supporters' clubs were found to have been allocated tickets for members who were season ticket holders but some of those tickets went to non season ticket holding members, that's dishonest, whilst non affiliated season ticket holders missed out. I didn't say all fans are dishonest, that was just you making an assumption and twisting my words.

If part of a sponsorship deal is that priority premium ticketing is given then yes that's OK.
    Find me one supporters club in this city that has a constitution, yes you can join, £10 per season, been in the go for over 20 years.

Part of the sponsorship is priority to tickets, I accept that, part of being paying members of the DSA was tickets set aside for clubs

Going back to previous post, Joe in the ticket office doesn’t make the decision to send out forms to be submitted, he is told to by Greg Fenton

So are you joining Deeranged?

£10 I'll pay it for you and sit behind you and j ........amuse me.😎

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)