+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ****1ng joke of a club

I'll say again fan against fan it's not our fault, it ain't Dundee Football Clubs fault, it's QP.

But that's what Scottish fitba is vindictive petty one upmanship I'm all ****ing right jack.

Best thing dfc can do for me is go there and win by hook, crook, cheating or diving.

No one likes us mentality shud be shining bright this week.

Players need to show bottle once more, just once and it's job done.

Manager has to pick the right team to get job done, two or three ways he can go

Mon Dondeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    So are you joining Deeranged?

£10 I'll pay it for you and sit behind you and j ........amuse me.😎
    Don't like travelling to games by bus, too close to other people and they get you there too early so the other people can go to the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Find me one supporters club in this city that has a constitution, yes you can join, £10 per season, been in the go for over 20 years.

Part of the sponsorship is priority to tickets, I accept that, part of being paying members of the DSA was tickets set aside for clubs

Going back to previous post, Joe in the ticket office doesn’t make the decision to send out forms to be submitted, he is told to by Greg Fenton
    What club is it? I'll maybe join and pay my fees but not go on any buses - would that get me priority ticket allocation. Whoops, wait a minute, by what authority does your club have the right to collect fees?

Presumably, as there's no constitution there is no definition of membership fees or rights and there are no entry requirements so anybody can join? No proposer and seconder? Also can't be an electronic list of members names, addresses and phone numbers? That would likely be an offence under GDPR if there are no formal rules governing how that information is gathered, secured and retained? Of course I'd happily sign a waiver to allow the club to retain my information in a less secure environment - there is a waiver that members can sign isn't there? Members know where and how their personal information is being retained?

What rules does the club have regarding discipline on the bus or at the match? One thing in particular I'd need to know is how long the bus can be held after the game to allow all members to return to it - nothing worse than hanging around for an hour while some selfish **** goes for a couple of pints. Is that rule documented because the club wouldn't want to be sued for leaving anyone behind possibly with no money and no way to get home would it? Are these rules documented or made up as they go along?

A 'club' needs a constitution or it's just a group of people who share an interest.

Even if the DSA constitution says tickets will be set aside for affiliated clubs it won't matter unless the DSA has a written and formal agreement with the club to that effect and it sounds like it doesn't otherwise Greg Fenton would have had no choice but to lay tickets aside.

One last thing.

I haven't renewed my season ticket for next season yet. If anyone who has renewed feels they have a strong enough gripe against the club that would have stopped them renewing I will consider buying theirs from them.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I disagree mate,how many cud we take?at least double the normal away allocation so due to size of ground never gonna happen.
    That is if what I believe that away allocation is,I heard 1600 normally for ochilview.
    They have limited us to 1000 if reports are true.
    That imo is when "deserving" does come into it.
    And yer solution probably the best bet,still be some fans(no many) who might miss out but in this situation always a few who miss out.
    We took thousands to livi and still fowk didna get in.
    Hope the see sense if what jdfc says is confirmed.
    The away end is just over 3k

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What club is it? I'll maybe join and pay my fees but not go on any buses - would that get me priority ticket allocation. Whoops, wait a minute, by what authority does your club have the right to collect fees?

Presumably, as there's no constitution there is no definition of membership fees or rights and there are no entry requirements so anybody can join? No proposer and seconder? Also can't be an electronic list of members names, addresses and phone numbers? That would likely be an offence under GDPR if there are no formal rules governing how that information is gathered, secured and retained? Of course I'd happily sign a waiver to allow the club to retain my information in a less secure environment - there is a waiver that members can sign isn't there? Members know where and how their personal information is being retained?

What rules does the club have regarding discipline on the bus or at the match? One thing in particular I'd need to know is how long the bus can be held after the game to allow all members to return to it - nothing worse than hanging around for an hour while some selfish **** goes for a couple of pints. Is that rule documented because the club wouldn't want to be sued for leaving anyone behind possibly with no money and no way to get home would it? Are these rules documented or made up as they go along?

A 'club' needs a constitution or it's just a group of people who share an interest.

Even if the DSA constitution says tickets will be set aside for affiliated clubs it won't matter unless the DSA has a written and formal agreement with the club to that effect and it sounds like it doesn't otherwise Greg Fenton would have had no choice but to lay tickets aside.
    I am involved with several "clubs". They all have Constitutions which are never used. Commonsense and a shared willingness to work together is far more valuable than trying to be legal about an issue. Maybe you live and work in an environment where duplicitous behaviour is expected and you have to rely on the letter of the law to protect yourself.
    I think those who have been to most away games should be known to the ticketing office and they should be given first refusal.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I am involved with several "clubs". They all have Constitutions which are never used. Commonsense and a shared willingness to work together is far more valuable than trying to be legal about an issue. Maybe you live and work in an environment where duplicitous behaviour is expected and you have to rely on the letter of the law to protect yourself.
    I think those who have been to most away games should be known to the ticketing office and they should be given first refusal.
    I'm a QA / QC Engineer (O&G) - procedure and conformance are everything to me, not only to protect myself but also to protect my company, my clients and my suppliers and to ensure the product is as it should be at installation.

I've been to more away games than some supporters' group members and bought tickets direct from the home club, Dundee likely won't have records of names and address for that type of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm a QA / QC Engineer (O&G) - procedure and conformance are everything to me, not only to protect myself but also to protect my company, my clients and my suppliers and to ensure the product is as it should be at installation.

I've been to more away games than some supporters' group members and bought tickets direct from the home club, Dundee likely won't have records of names and address for that type of purchase.
    Good point about your away attendances not being all purchased through DFC. I was hoping that there might be some fairly simple way for DFC to collate our away support. Seems to me it would be in the club’s interest to know details like this.

Can't think of a way to include your direct purchases to reflect the actual number of away games you attended. Hope you and jdfc get tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Good point about your away attendances not being all purchased through DFC. I was hoping that there might be some fairly simple way for DFC to collate our away support. Seems to me it would be in the club’s interest to know details like this.

Can't think of a way to include your direct purchases to reflect the actual number of away games you attended. Hope you and jdfc get tickets!
    I hope jdfc and the rest of his mates get tickets and fill their bus. I wish everyone that wanted to go could get a ticket but QP have put the kybosh on that.

I won't be going because I'm away.

Having travelled through to Livi and been in the ground luckily it was hellish to fail at the last gasp. Think there were fans outside the ground who managed to lend their support. I wonder if the guys who run buses might be able or willing to fill their buses with fans who just want to be there. Maybe something this Forum could help with. Apologies if this is a daft idea but Dees need to stick together for this game!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)