+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Bournemouth - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

TEAM NEWS

Bournemouth midfielder Marcus Tavernier is a doubt after suffering hamstring pain in Thursday's win at Southampton.

The Cherries will also monitor Matias Vina and Marcos Senesi, who suffered from cramp in midweek, while Jack Stephens returns after being ineligible against his parent club.

Ryan Fredericks, Junior Stanislas and Hamed Traore are likely to remain out.

Leeds winger Luis Sinisterra will miss the rest of the season after injuring his ankle against Leicester.

Max Wober is doubtful after missing Tuesday's match through injury, while Tyler Adams and Stuart Dallas remain sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Leeds have won 10 of 13 league games against Bournemouth in their history, including nine of the previous 10.

Bournemouth last hosted Leeds in September 2014, losing 3-1 in a Championship fixture.

Bournemouth

Gary O'Neil's team have won six of their past 11 Premier League matches, losing the other five.

Defeats by Brighton and West Ham have left the Cherries in danger of losing three consecutive top-flight home games, a sequence they have recorded only twice before (in 2016 and 2019).

Bournemouth have lost 22 of their 30 Premier League matches played on Sundays (W6, D2), including their only such fixture this season - last weekend's 4-0 loss to West Ham.

Each of their last six Premier League home goals has been scored by a different player.

Dominic Solanke scored 17 goals in 23 home league games for Bournemouth last season but has netted just once in 14 top-flight appearances at the *****ity Stadium in the current campaign.

Leeds United

The Whites have earned nine Premier League away points this season - only Nottingham Forest have a worse record, with six.

Leeds' 0-0 draw at Newcastle on 31 December is their only clean sheet in 18 top-flight away fixtures.

They have scored and conceded in each of their past eight league matches, their longest such run since a streak of nine in 1987.

Leeds won nine of their first 10 Premier League games against newly promoted sides after returning to the top flight in 2020 but have lost three of five such matches this season.

They could lose all three fixtures away to newly-promoted opposition in a Premier League season for the third time, having previously done so in 1992-93 and 2003-04.

2 - 0.

MOT.

So, Bournemouth on an English public Bank Holiday weekend 2023.

May 5th 1990, now that Bank Holiday score line will do nicely again.
    Bet they'll like to be the ones to put us down in revenge & hope it don't go ugly.
    https://theathletic.com/1792086/2020...d-bournemouth/

Everton fans made their feelings known when down there recently I recall. We'll have an away following of 1282 in our official Ticket allocation, I'd suspect a few more will travel down to the south-coast in the hope of getting in though.

Bournemouth have stated they'll check all ground entry tickets before admission so don't be tempted to 'obtain' a last minute bargain Junior ticket outside ground if your a ticketless Adult as they'll check all photo ID at turnstiles !

Just watched my local team Nantes hammered 5-1 in the French Cup final tonight in Paris on tv & never seen a French bar empty so quickly - so really looking forward to the game against Bournemouth & a win now !

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    So, Bournemouth on an English public Bank Holiday weekend 2023.

May 5th 1990, now that Bank Holiday score line will do nicely again.
    Bet they'll like to be the ones to put us down in revenge & hope it don't go ugly.
    https://theathletic.com/1792086/2020...d-bournemouth/

Everton fans made their feelings known when down there recently I recall. We'll have an away following of 1282 in our official Ticket allocation, I'd suspect a few more will travel down to the south-coast in the hope of getting in though.

Bournemouth have stated they'll check all ground entry tickets before admission so don't be tempted to 'obtain' a last minute bargain Junior ticket outside ground if your a ticketless Adult as they'll check all photo ID at turnstiles !

Just watched my local team Nantes hammered 5-1 in the French Cup final tonight in Paris on tv & never seen a French bar empty so quickly - so really looking forward to the game against Bournemouth & a win now !
    Just not a repeat of the rest of the 1990 "events", please.

Today is the day! Need positive response. Cannot lose. C'mon the Mighty Whites! Let's see what you can do. Fight and absolute determination will do as a starter for 10 please.

1990 the year opera became mainstream due to three fat lads 🤔😎

(Okay maybe only one was fat)

Kristensen at LB? Should be interesting

Jesus H Christ with bells on. Roca still playing and the useless carthorse Barndoor given yet another chance (how many more times?). Why isn't Joseph at least on the bench? WE NEED TO SCORE SOME CLUCKING GOALS YOU MUPPET.

Fk me.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Fk me.
    Not me mine is deflated
    I cant believe I'm seen a Leeds side this shyte. Even l2 was a better and enjoyable team to watch.

Absolute shambles

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)