+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Play Offs Quarter Finals

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The weather also benefited Boreham Wood that night - torrential rain and blustery conditions that definitely suited them more than us. What they did very well was to press us for the entire 90 minutes and limit us to comparatively few chances. Bostock was still finding his feet at the time, though - will expect him to do much more on Sunday.
    Agreed. Not sure what the forecast is for Sunday. Fingers crossed for little or no wind.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    God there's some *****s on here lately, Notts would rip all three of them a new one, we're far superior to all three.
    We could probably play all 3 at the same time and still win

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Agreed. Not sure what the forecast is for Sunday. Fingers crossed for little or no wind.
    That will depend on how many beans they have eaten before the match

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    BW made life very difficult for us at ML. Pressed and harried to force mistakes. We resorted to defenders shooting widly from distance when strikers were begging to be slipped in with a ball to feet.
    I'd like to see SA at lwb (because no threat comes from there) and two up front pressing side to side.
    This won't happen, of course. But I give LW full support. If we fail to get promoted, then we can have an inquest.
    I would like to see SA or JJ there or coming on, remember they’re going against DKE who’s no mug at defending so needs to be tested. I love Chicks but for me the 2nd half of the season he's offered little attacking wise. His goals came from him being intelligent positionally to get on to moves from the right. Defensively he’s sound as that’s naturally his position and overall he’s done brilliant to adapt to LWB.

I’ve no doubt there’ll be a massive inquest should we not win the play offs but unless LW gets something really wrong then I can’t see how he or the team can be criticised, it’s one off games and unfortunately anything can happen and against anyone, that’s football.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’ve no doubt there’ll be a massive inquest should we not win the play offs.
    Not needed in my opinion. We have had a brilliant season, but in typical Notts fashion it just had to happen when another club had an even more brilliant season! I don't see any point in an inquest, we just have to carry on doing what we've done because it's worked so well. We all know how the playoffs work, but whatever happens it shouldn't detract from the truth.

The truth is that this season we have been f@cking fantastic!

My worry is that Boldwin or Cameron will have their usual lapse in concentration.

If we lose then inquest the game, frankly it would be strange not too. However, don't inquest the season.

Too many draws ? Don't make me laugh. 107 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not needed in my opinion. We have had a brilliant season, but in typical Notts fashion it just had to happen when another club had an even more brilliant season! I don't see any point in an inquest,
    I'm going to disagree with this

It's crunch time and we need crunch time players delivering crunch time performances.

We know that 50% of our promotion objective is via very high stakes knock-out games

I respected Garrard in his interview calling his team a Cup Side. And their record in the FA Cup over the last 2 seasons shows that when faced with an opponent, one lives one dies, that they are true competitors with the stomach for the fight. That's what we have to be now - true competitors with the stomach for the fight. We're way better than them and have so much more quality as individuals and as a team - but that won't be enough if we don't have that dog in us.

Yeah, it's a one-off game and anything can happen, but if we don't perform and fail to do the business, we'll know more about our players in relation to achieving our objective

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Yeah they'll transfer the furthest north team accross to make the numbers up.

I can imagine it'll either be Oxford City, Braintree, St Albans or maybe even Bishop's Stortford now they've been promoted.
    For those still curious, Bishop's Stortford have been moved accross to the NLN for next season. Im sure the likes of Blyth and Southport are very pleased about it.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920