+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Next manager?

Obviously depends on what league we are in:

If its the likely championship... Russell Martin/Swansea, Kieran McKenna/Ipswich come to mind.

Whoever took over after Marcelo was on a hiding to nothing but Marsch was clearly the wrong appointment, though I think we had nore chance with him than Javi Gracia. JG comes across as very humble but not somebody I'd run through a brick wall for. His interviews can be cringing when he doesnt understand a question at times, does his tactics or team talks also get lost in translation.
    We ended up with him due to Bamfords shocking burning JM on MOT (Not as wtf thought on some youtube clip), though nobody else on here seemed to care about that incident, Bamford should have never played again in my book... JM was sacked almost immediately and obviously no plan in place for a successor.
    I hope we are planning already and not some knee jerk choice
    Last edited by whitestomper45; 30-04-2023 at 08:19 PM.

Knowing us stomp it will be leftfield , someone we have never heard of!

Maybe sooner than what we think - Rumour on twitter is he's been sacked or relieved of his duties albeit nothing confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Obviously depends on what league we are in:

If its the likely championship... Russell Martin/Swansea, Kieran McKenna/Ipswich come to mind.

Whoever took over after Marcelo was on a hiding to nothing but Marsch was clearly the wrong appointment, though I think we had nore chance with him than Javi Gracia. JG comes across as very humble but not somebody I'd run through a brick wall for. His interviews can be cringing when he doesnt understand a question at times, does his tactics or team talks also get lost in translation.
    We ended up with him due to Bamfords shocking burning JM on MOT (Not as wtf thought on some youtube clip), though nobody else on here seemed to care about that incident, Bamford should have never played again in my book... JM was sacked almost immediately and obviously no plan in place for a successor.
    I hope we are planning already and not some knee jerk choice
    Ah, so all our troubles are the result of me suggesting that Bamford interview was on Youtube, not MOTD, that all makes sense. WTF are you taking? I DON'T want any of it!

On the agreed point that Marsch was not the right choice as a Bielsa replacement, and that Bamford was simply saying what everyone else knew, then compared to all those brought in as a result of yankee doodle dandys appointment he (Bamford) is at least as attractive a candidate for the 1st team, whatever he said about the w4nk, sorry, yank. And "we ended up with him (Gracia), because of what Bamford said about JM"? No, he (Marsch) was always on a hiding to nothing given he is/was useless, we ended up with Gracia because no-one in the club executive has the least concept of who we really do need, nor how to attract them to a club that is about as appalling a basket case as any seen to date, in any league, in any place on the planet.

Oh, and btw, if Bamford was "never to play for us again", we could kiss goodbye to the point against Brighton, which might just keep us up, but let's not let PL survival stand in the way of some futile gesture (bit like all those who wanted Harrison sold, hmm?)

With Adams, Sinnisterra and Cooper out we could have prime Bill Shankly and it wouldn’t make much difference.

The people who should be held accountable won’t be.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ah, so all our troubles are the result of me suggesting that Bamford interview was on Youtube, not MOTD, that all makes sense. WTF are you taking? I DON'T want any of it!

On the agreed point that Marsch was not the right choice as a Bielsa replacement, and that Bamford was simply saying what everyone else knew, then compared to all those brought in as a result of yankee doodle dandys appointment he (Bamford) is at least as attractive a candidate for the 1st team, whatever he said about the w4nk, sorry, yank. And "we ended up with him (Gracia), because of what Bamford said about JM"? No, he (Marsch) was always on a hiding to nothing given he is/was useless, we ended up with Gracia because no-one in the club executive has the least concept of who we really do need, nor how to attract them to a club that is about as appalling a basket case as any seen to date, in any league, in any place on the planet.

Oh, and btw, if Bamford was "never to play for us again", we could kiss goodbye to the point against Brighton, which might just keep us up, but let's not let PL survival stand in the way of some futile gesture (bit like all those who wanted Harrison sold, hmm?)
    You've never been around even a semi professional set up, that sort of stuff stays within the club/dressing room, whatever is said in dressing room stays there.
    Bamford scoring at Brighton is what he's there for..has missed far too many gilt edged chances that outweigh the few he manages to score. Any half decent cf would be doing a better job the Gnonto cross today was on a plate for him. He runs around like a fairy and too easily bullied off the ball, useful championship player and scores in empty PL grounds

You've never been around even a semi professional set up, that sort of stuff stays within the club/dressing room, whatever is said in dressing room stays there.
    Bamford scoring at Brighton is what he's there for..has missed far too many gilt edged chances that outweigh the few he manages to score. Any half decent cf would be doing a better job the Gnonto cross today was on a plate for him. He runs around like a fairy and too easily bullied off the ball, useful championship player and scores in empty PL grounds
    You haven't any idea as to what "set up" I have been around, or not, neither do I know f00k all about your "expertise" so lets just say we're both LUFC supporters who have differing views as to what a player can or can't say when being interviewed (no matter what the medium)?

Bamford didn't "roast" Marsch, despite it being laughably simple had he wanted to, he gave about as mild a response to a clearly pointed question as was possible, and if Marsch, or anyone at the club didn't like it, then those at LUFC had the chance to do something about it, and they sacked Marsch, at long last and many, many weeks after the trigger should have been pulled.

And the goal at Brighton gained us a point, and no matter what you think of what he should or shouldn't be doing, if you had your way he wouldn't have been playing and that point may well not have been earned and we'd be in the relegation zone with an inferior goal difference to Leicester and Forest.

Your desire to see Bamford pilloried is just a tad too obvious.

You haven't any idea as to what "set up" I have been around, or not, neither do I know f00k all about your "expertise" so lets just say we're both LUFC supporters who have differing views as to what a player can or can't say when being interviewed (no matter what the medium)?

Bamford didn't "roast" Marsch, despite it being laughably simple had he wanted to, he gave about as mild a response to a clearly pointed question as was possible, and if Marsch, or anyone at the club didn't like it, then those at LUFC had the chance to do something about it, and they sacked Marsch, at long last and many, many weeks after the trigger should have been pulled.

And the goal at Brighton gained us a point, and no matter what you think of what he should or shouldn't be doing, if you had your way he wouldn't have been playing and that point may well not have been earned and we'd be in the relegation zone with an inferior goal difference to Leicester and Forest.

Chill people

He did roast Marsch, and he got sacked shortly after..as i pointed out at time Willy cleverly avoided a reply to same question... and yes Bamford is useless in my eyes... he's missed a ridiculous amount of goals and now looks shot as a PL CF if he was 1 on 1 against a blind paraplegic goalkeeper i wouldn't be confident.... am awaiting the usual insults from someone who disagrees with you but really i dont give a fu?k as it's you

He did roast Marsch, and he got sacked shortly after..as i pointed out at time Willy cleverly avoided a reply to same question... and yes Bamford is useless in my eyes... he's missed a ridiculous amount of goals and now looks shot as a PL CF if he was 1 on 1 against a blind paraplegic goalkeeper i wouldn't be confident.... am awaiting the usual insults from someone who disagrees with you but really i dont give a fu?k as it's you
    Very thin skinned then, if that's what constitutes "roasting". Then again, the snowflake generation makes that kind of reaction so much easier.

Marsch should have been sacked before the WC, if he had ever been appointed in the first place, which you acknowledged was the wrong things to do (post #1 this thread). That he would be sacked was inevitable, the timing was a result of the typical incompetence we have seen on so many occasions from the LUFC board and their inability to find a suitable replacement simply re-inforces that fact.

Your opinion on Bamford is yours, and I suspect shared by others, it doesn't take away from the fact that the goal at Brighton gained what might prove to be a v i t a l point.

And btw, I wouldn't insult you, there is no need.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)