+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black and White stripes

Sure black and white stripes - always
    Never trusted the whiter shirts since we got relegated in the Monarch shirt in 83-84

One year though, I'd like to see white with one diagonal black stripe (like River Plate or Peru have in red) with the away being black with one diagonal white stripe.

They ought to get some baseball caps in shop too like the NYC ones wi a black cap and the lettering in white with the Y and C transposed to read NCY. I think they'd sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Never trusted the whiter shirts since we got relegated in the Monarch shirt in 83-84

One year though, I'd like to see white with one diagonal black stripe (like River Plate or Peru have in red) with the away being black with one diagonal white stripe.
    I always think those sash kits look great. I remember Southampton having one when we played em years ago and it was mustard. Someone’s also knocked up a couple of shirts on social media with a dash of yellow and they were pretty good too.

Interestingly Chesterfield have got Puma kits for next season and they’ve already realised them, something we never seem to manage for whatever reason. As others have said, ordering enough always seems too difficult as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

Although it would no doubt upset a few traditionalists , I would absolutely love Notts to do a River Plate. Great suggestion AC.

When I was in Buenos Aires traveling I bought a River Plate home shirt and it's a beauty. It was either that or the equally iconic Boca Juniors dark blue and yellow home shirt, another beauty.

Somehow , and it's been a mystery ever since, I now own two?! No idea how.

Southampton have copied River Plate, so I don't see why we couldn't. I imagine it would be a best seller if they did.

We need to get back to the League so's we can have an all black away kit like Gumpy drempit.

We can drop the red bit.............

Name:  Screenshot 2023-05-02 180128.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  14.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Take your pick, I like the 1988-89 one personally

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Nott...tts_County.htm
    I liked the 1997-1999 kit.

Fav kit 2014-15, really like the new german kit as well.
    Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  10.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Take your pick, I like the 1988-89 one personally

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Nott...tts_County.htm
    I must admit I like the 2008/9 home kit.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I must admit I like the 2008/9 home kit.
    The shirt was a bit generic, only the sponsor made it special!

Definitely looking forward to ‘normal’ black and white stripes, but the sponsor choice and design will have a massive impact imo.
    Hope the club offer to sell shirts without sponsor block on them if it’s naff or doesn’t sit well with b&w.

Away wise, agreed it is a bit wishy washy, but it has kind of grew on me as the season has gone on. Maybe it’s the combo of the grey shorts made it looked better than it was.

I’m not fussed colour wise on the away shirts. Something bold and colourful would suit us next season I reckon.

The question remains that we won’t know where we are with this sort of stuff for a while I reckon after the sad loss of JT. I’m sure the owners will still be grieving, but a solid CEO is vita l for us moving forwards. (Daft spell blocker!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast