+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moral dilemma...

Moral dilemma...

I went into my local bookies today to cash in some bets that I had but had a chat with someone in there who I know quite well first,I said that I had a few quid coming my way because of some luck on the footie and he glanced over to the cashier and said "Watch her when you collect", anyway I went up to her and handed over the bets (£238) and she quickly counted out the money and gave it to me in tens and a few fives and she then walked away into the back,I stood there and counted it and it was a tenner short,I called her from where she was I told her her that it was a tenner short and she went to the till and handed over the £10 which surprised me as I thought that she would argue about it since she had walked into the back and I could have easily pocketed the ten quid,I went back to the bloke that I spoke to and I told him what happened and he said that it's not the first time,she remembers who puts winnings straight into their wallets without counting it and skims some off the next time that they have a decent win,now this is something that I've always done,I've never check my change and go on trust but obviously she's sussed me out and touched me up

Well here's the dilemma,where I live you never grass people up,it's just not done but what she's doing is wrong,if she's doing it to me then she's doing it to others and that isn't right is it? Where I was brought up was/is full of characters trying their luck with dodgy deals and so forth so I'm in a bit of a quandary what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I went into my local bookies today to cash in some bets that I had but had a chat with someone in there who I know quite well first,I said that I had a few quid coming my way because of some luck on the footie and he glanced over to the cashier and said "Watch her when you collect", anyway I went up to her and handed over the bets (£238) and she quickly counted out the money and gave it to me in tens and a few fives and she then walked away into the back,I stood there and counted it and it was a tenner short,I called her from where she was I told her her that it was a tenner short and she went to the till and handed over the £10 which surprised me as I thought that she would argue about it since she had walked into the back and I could have easily pocketed the ten quid,I went back to the bloke that I spoke to and I told him what happened and he said that it's not the first time,she remembers who puts winnings straight into their wallets without counting it and skims some off the next time that they have a decent win,now this is something that I've always done,I've never check my change and go on trust but obviously she's sussed me out and touched me up

Well here's the dilemma,where I live you never grass people up,it's just not done but what she's doing is wrong,if she's doing it to me then she's doing it to others and that isn't right is it? Where I was brought up was/is full of characters trying their luck with dodgy deals and so forth so I'm in a bit of a quandary what to do?
    Shop her??????????????
    Its your money, *******s to that 'not grassing on anyone'.
    She'll completely deny it of course but at least it will put the ****s up her.

How erm tidy is she Chalky?

Your silence might enable you to go a few furlongs with her in that back room of hers

In all seriousness though she has got to have a bit of neck to try that one, thing is I imagine she knows also who is least likely to cause a scene for doing it so will choose mainly decent blokes who she knows and not some angry pis sed up punter or woman who might want to have a word with her later and give her a slap.

First of all I would steer clear of that bookies, is it one of those small ones or a chain? And as it has happened to more than one customer then I would put the word about that it is dodgy in there, even management could be in on it for a cut.

When their trade is hit and the rumours get about these things generally sort themselves out I imagine.

It's a Ladbrokes shop and as it's probably the last time that I will be going in there until August I've decided to leave it,the fact that I was tipped off before I collected my winnings shows that she's well known for doing it in that shop I suppose,she's about mid 20's I and who knows why she's done it,maybe she has troubles that we don't know about,she's not full time I know that because I go in there about 2/3 times a week and only see her on a Wednesday

Well this happened again today,I went into Ladbrokes and cashed in a winning bet that I had saved and once again I got shortchanged out of a tenner but by a different cashier,I was ready this time though and I knew how much I was owed and kept pushing it until I got the right amount back,it was only after I pointed out that my slips winnings ended in an odd number and she had counted out an even number that she relented much to her annoyance

After this I went up to my corner shop and bought some stuff and cashed in two lotto tickets that had a lucky dip on both,while I bagged my stuff up the owner handed me back a single lucky dip which she quickly snatched back when she thought that I wasn’t looking and handed me a different single ticket,I told her that I had handed her two tickets and she flatly denied it and asked about the ticket that she took back when I wasn’t looking but had to leave the shop with only one lucky dip,why are people getting so dishonest nowadays,the lucky dip was only £2 and girl behind the counter would have lost her job if caught,it’s all very disappointing

Hi mate how are you Keith here it's been a rollercoaster Easter the wife finds much solace in the stations of the cross anyway I was looking through your posts and I have some advice. Firstly remember that avarice is to be avoided and this is coming from someone who has more than his fair share of wealth. This seems to have happened a couple of times and it's important to check your home for levels of carbon monoxide what starts with a headache leads to confusion and then to perish RIP Fabrizio you were a good man and we did some good business

Keith

I have better advice… get a Sky Bet account and use the lottery app…. I rob you every time we have a bet 😎

It’s proper p1ssed me off,I must have mug written in my forehead or summat to be scammed twice in the only two shops that I visited in 30 minutes,what’s up with people nowadays?

When you’re collecting a big wad of £50 notes & drive round in a flash car maybe they think it’s a tip 🤔…. Ohh wait… that’s me 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    When you’re collecting a big wad of £50 notes & drive round in a flash car maybe they think it’s a tip 🤔…. Ohh wait… that’s me 😎
    Do you drive a Honda by any chance ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)