+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok then.

Ok then.

Just putting this up for discussion like. It’s plain to see that Bruno’s out o sorts and has been for some time now,probably this ankle injury which needs surgery in the summer,so it’s not a loss of form imo. He looks unhappy,,and that comes when you know you’re not playing to your full capacity. So what’s the solution? Stay as we are, or try a different selection? What about moving Schar to play as a defensive midfielder, he can pass, shoot ,tackle, move Burn to his rightful position next to Botman, and bring in a proper fullback Targett. Bruno would be either benched or kept in. I wouldn’t think Eddie would do this but just thinking alternatives, with the squad we’ve got. Thoughts?

I think Bruno has played worse over the last 3 games than before but he’s not played badly (it was just that he was unbelievably f-ing good before that).
    It would be madness to make a change now after an incredible season so far. I would prefer to get the players fired up for this final push and go for the 3 wins.

Targett at left back gives us proper balance and an attacking threat down the left wing, maybe rest Bruno on the bench as we dont want his ankle to get any worse and go 4 4 2 with Isak and Wilson through the middle.

Agree with everything you say here. Other managers and teams have learned how to nullify our initial forceful front foot start. I`d put Anderson as a starter, young energy to give Bruno maybe 30-40 mins second half when energy is waning and pressing eases. We`re missing the energy that Longstaff provides, it gives Bruno a bit more time and space. Hope he`s back soon. Also agree about Targett. Think a midfield bulldog is required in the summer to protect the creative players cos we have some lovely football in us when we get the chance. I`m more than happy with this season no matter how it ends, it`s back to looking forward to every game with excitement and hope. Long may it continue, HWTL

Ok then

We loose to the second best team in the league (we created enough to score 2-3 goals) and get a draw at leeds. Then you want to go football manager and use schär out of position and a new formation lets change the tea lady just to be sure. I Trust Eddie Howe 100 % and i wouldn´t change the formation but i don´t think both Wilson and Isak should play from the start of the game as they are two different forwards who uses the same spaces on the pitch. The player we really miss is Longstaff he is twice the player i t

Quote Originally Posted by george123 View Post
    Ok then

We loose to the second best team in the league (we created enough to score 2-3 goals) and get a draw at leeds. Then you want to go football manager and use schär out of position and a new formation lets change the tea lady just to be sure. I Trust Eddie Howe 100 % and i wouldn´t change the formation but i don´t think both Wilson and Isak should play from the start of the game as they are two different forwards who uses the same spaces on the pitch. The player we really miss is Longstaff he is twice the player i t
    In fairness, Tino did say this was just a discussion. I think Bruno is out of sorts because he's frustrated that he can't perform to his best but I would definitely start with him. I was thinking about Anderson, too, but I'd have him coming on for Willock if things need changing in the second half.

Bruno and Longstaff together are greater than the sum of their individual parts and I think that bruno tries to or ends up doing too much when Longstaff is missing.

I remember how shiite we were when he didn't play.

I think we should persist, we've got this far and need just 2 wins. We will be challenged to do that without him. Even a 90% fit Bruno is better than the alternative.

Better to manage his minutes now. If we are comfortable after 60, sub him off. I'd consider 4/1/4/1 formation once he goes . BDB/Botman at CB withTargett/Tripps with either Isak/Wilson up front (but not together) Saint, JL, Gordon (yes), Miggy with Schar behind the midfield 4 (as suggested)

Too risky to fk around with team selections now I think.

I still think Saint could do a job as no.10 supporting the striker if he could run at defenders and get his head up for a pass and definately think Gordon could develop into it.

I think it's a good discussion point and totally get where you are coming from.

For me, I'd keep playing him and managing him (as Zip said).

It's Longstaff we're missing - how many of us thought we'd say that at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by george123 View Post
    Ok then

No need for the sarcasm,I don’t do “football manager” we can’t do anything about Longstaff he’s injured! Eddie has been playing Burn “out of position” all season, Schars a good allround footballer and could do a job for a couple of games in midfield in my humble opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)