+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Taylor the miracle worker

Matt Taylor the miracle worker

Makes me laugh people on here slaging the signings formation off on here.

Tony Stewart signed 9 injury prone and inexperienced players in January he is the saviour hahaha .

You boys seriously underestimate what he has done.

Please name out first 700k player which Is peanuts for our division.

Yet on the after match thoughts he got this wrong this player shouldn't off done that.

Name me 1 team in there history (past 10 years) in the championship that hasn't signed a player for over 500k our record signing.

This season championship teams only

Without doubt he has done quite a remarkable job given the injuries, but, by his own admission, he has made mistakes.

Simply a grey area, not about being perfect or useless. He is in the inbetween, like everyone else. When he does well he should be applauded, when he makes mistakes he should be held to account for them. That's all.

I’m reliably informed that Tony Stewart has asked Matt Taylor to bring 5 loaves and 2 fishes to the end of season dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’m reliably informed that Tony Stewart has asked Matt Taylor to bring 5 loaves and 2 fishes to the end of season dinner.
    At least we are progressing because I think PW would have insisted that the bread be gluten free

I honestly believe we will be fine next season.Had Morrison,Hall,Wiles and Rathbone been fit since January we would have been safe weeks ago.That's without mentioning all the other injuries that have hindered us.Taylor has been patching up match day squads for months and we have still survived and he has remained calm throughout....although he may now have used up all the green tea he found in the Manager's office when he moved in!

Progress not perfection and he’s achieving that.

I mentioned on another thread that I still dont really know how MT wants us to play. I would say that when he first came that we went from the PW high press, to trying to keep the ball a bit better, but since the turn of the year, we have had so many injuries that I felt we went back to playing long ball most of the time so maybe he felt we needed to do it that way for a reason.
    It will be a very interesting close season for us because MT now gets the chance to develop the squad more, by bringing in personnel who he feels will help play the way he wants his team to play and I'm looking forward to the incomings he wants and also to see who he doesnt want. UTM

It is probably the first season for a long time that I feel we are in good hands to progress up the table, instead of struggling to keep up.MT is ambitious and he wants to take us to an higher level and I think TS has finally realised that this lad means business and will back him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I mentioned on another thread that I still dont really know how MT wants us to play. I would say that when he first came that we went from the PW high press, to trying to keep the ball a bit better, but since the turn of the year, we have had so many injuries that I felt we went back to playing long ball most of the time so maybe he felt we needed to do it that way for a reason.
    It will be a very interesting close season for us because MT now gets the chance to develop the squad more, by bringing in personnel who he feels will help play the way he wants his team to play and I'm looking forward to the incomings he wants and also to see who he doesnt want. UTM
    Season not finished yet and I’m already excited for next season

So now Tony Stewart is responsible for identifying players?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast