+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Sky Deal With EFL Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    And the rest
    ....so what are we all looking at, and missing?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ....so what are we all looking at, and missing?
    The money distributed by the EFL is made up of much more than just Sky/TV money?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The money distributed by the EFL is made up of much more than just Sky/TV money?
    mmmmmm, good point Cam, maybe?

I wonder how this will affect iFollow? When a match is on Sky it's usually not available to watch on iFollow. I've typically bought a season pass but that may not provide much coverage in future.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I wonder how this will affect iFollow? When a match is on Sky it's usually not available to watch on iFollow. I've typically bought a season pass but that may not provide much coverage in future.
    I’d be guessing it’ll still be same, live games = no ifollow, red button or on-line stream = ifollow

I suppose they will have to factor this in and reflect this in the cost of the season pass.but I thought if your overseas or able to change your location they still showed them wether on sky or not,but I may be wrong .

I am not sure the moving of a few more games to Saturday lunchtime is a particular good move but hey ho I suppose at nys we are used to this already.they are skirting around the afternoon blackout.the Rival bidder wanted to stream all games at all times and scarp the blackout.

From the EFL website:

Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.

Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    From the EFL website:

Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.

Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.
    Thanks, Masbroughstreet. I thought that might be the direction it would go. I'm glad to hear they will retain the audio services (presumably with a significant drop in the fee they charge.) I can watch the coverage Sky offer through the ESPN+ streaming service here and tune in to the Rotherham leaning commentating from Matty and Sam (and Les - I suppose...) Best of both worlds really.

More 12.30 kick-offs is the bad news. 4.30am for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123