+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bambi

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Like I said, you win as a team, you lose as a team, and if the team isn't performing because there are gaps in capabillty, the CLUB is responsible for plugging them, not a single player, whoever that player may be (remember the Rodrigo tackle at the end of the City match, because our "supposed" LB had gone AWOL, again?).

I have "slagged off" posters, the club, and players, for instance when certain posters suggested that Casilla and JKA (and others) were "good bits of business", when Orta went supermarket sweeping around Europe and hoovered up all the dross that was available on the cheap (never mind the quality, feel the width!) for the likes of Sloth, Grot, Anita, Ineguchi, Antonsson, etc etc etc, called it out when we decided that we were some kind of Yankees lookalike simply because the 49-ers wanted it that way, and on each and every occasion, I was right, with many others somewhat belatedly arriving at similar conclusions.

I wish I wasn't being proved right, I wish we had a club that was owned and managed (at an executive level) by those who know how to do so, it's a pyrrhic victory to be proved right when the club you have followed for nearly 60 years is likely to be relegated.
    Sorry, should have had Harrison on that list of players who were worth their transfer value

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sorry, should have had Harrison on that list of players who were worth their transfer value
    Sorry (again!) that should have been on the "Tonight's games" thread, I'm getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    And don’t worry I have a wee dram poured to take my mind off the football
    Yo Hopey kid, I also enjoy some booze when I want to try and forget about the footy lol.
    And as for Bambi, he was never the same after he left University Challenge!!.
    And speaking of that, how did Vivian survive after having his head chopped off on the train ?!!. 🤕

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yo Hopey kid, I also enjoy some booze when I want to try and forget about the footy lol.
    And speaking of that, how did Vivian survive after having his head chopped off on the train ?!!. 🤕
    Is it true Bambi, did you make a video nasty?

Revolutionary biscuits of Italy, rise up out of your box, you have nothing to lose but your wafers, yom, yom, yom, yom, you.

The best episode of The Young Ones in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Acido - how are you?

Good luck in the playoffs - you never know we might be in the same division next season!

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    .. The best episode of The Young Ones in my eyes.
    The worlds stupidest bottom burp ?.. err Rik Britton.
    It is not!!. 😵

And btw, whatever happened to Toxteth O' Grady, Usa ?.

Ahh I could quote and ask questions about this sort of thing every day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Hey Acido - how are you?
    Good luck in the playoffs - you never know we might be in the same division next season!
    Tahh Hopey.
    Up until a few weeks ago, I was excited and looking forward to the Play offs. Now I'm expecting the worst again 13 man Bolton. 😕

Bamford has now deleted his Twitter account.
    Not surprised after some comments made & this 'doing the rounds" - sad state of affairs all round ER. 🙄

https://twitter.com/Richard20719342/...533174273?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Bamford has now deleted his Twitter account.
    Not surprised after some comments made & this 'doing the rounds" - sad state of affairs all round ER. ��

https://twitter.com/Richard20719342/...533174273?s=20
    Not surprising at all, there is NO such thing as "social media", especially when it relates to comments from football supporters. I've said harsh things about many players, but nothing that comes close to the disgusting vitriol levelled at player(s) who have made significant contributions to our promotion, and just like the supporters of the club, have been let down by those who should have known what was required to make sure we prospered, not just survived.

As a reminder of what we have had to tolerate in the past, from players who have been raised to footballing sainthood......

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches...%20to%20pieces.

A particular comment rings as true now as then, "'The only consolation for United was that they were too bad to be true. There was so much wrong with them that only Cooper got good marks, and Charlton, Hunter and Madeley just scraped a pass. Sprake was right off form" - 19 October 1968 - Burnley 5 Leeds United 1.

My first game, 12 years old, travelled to Turf Moor on my own (Dad was a cricket/rugby man), for some reason it didn't put me off!

God help us had there been Facebook, Tw4tter, Instaf00k or any other "platform" back in the 60's - 70's

On the subject of the "montage", I suspect if you were sad enough and had enough time on your clearly unemployed hands, you could put something similar together featuring Kane, Son, Shearer, Toni, Mane, Vardy etc etc etc, but why would anyone who claims to be a Leeds supporter (if it was such a person) put this together?

ALAW....I don't think I've actually seen any "motto" where the sentiment embodied in the acronym is less appropriate. Individual players have been crucified, insulted, described in the most inhuman and degrading terms whilst (until quite recently) those who bore the true responsibility were able to isolate themselves from criticism (at least from most, I claim an honourable exception, and have been lambasted by many for my pains, again, ALAW?) and "carry on regardless " of the mayhem resulting from the incompetence they exhibited, clearly evidenced for all those willing to see.

We have a proud record of support to the team on match days, the crowds (both home and away) have shown others how to support the players (almost) irrespective of the results on the field. I've been called a "keyboard warrior" as my attendance at games has been limited of late, but never in all my posts have I descended to the levels of sheer evil that I have seen of late from supposed LUFC supporters when commenting not just about Bamford, but Cooper, Ayling, Meslier, amongst others, For shame.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)