+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Motm Woody followed closely by Johansson

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Nice post Derby but I personally think our best loan signing was Coventry who whilst not the most creative of players, knitted the defence and attack up nicely and was a very decent player to replace Barlaser and also took a very decent dead ball kick.
    Also, as you said, the points deduction from other clubs didn't keep us up so we have stopped up very much on merit and I am really looking forward to see who goes out and comes in for this manager because I believe he will want some decent acquisitions to push the team forward. UTM
    You are right Coventry was the best of the loan signings, I forgot him

There were free kicks given to them (bias ref slightly imo) that weren’t fouls but he did get it right in not giving us a penalty, obviously I couldn’t tell that at the game but it’s been highlighted

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Clearly someone or something upset you.
    That obviously wouldn’t have been the starting line up/subs etc if we weren’t already safe
    Silly post
    No one upset me. Last week was wonderful and I’ve enjoyed the season. Even Zheng folk have been quick to judge different decisions made by people within the club I think that I’ve kept consistent in what I’ve said.

We came to the last game and it was like a party yet we had no fireworks, no cake, no champagne or real celebration.
    I was dwelling on the point that this could be it with 5 games to go. Nothing to play for and no real attachment to what’s happening on the field of play.

The best part of football is the coming together as friends and families and creating memories of good and bad moments. On the pitch decisions that change the game. Great performances from players as well as shyte ones.

Yesterday was a glimpse of what could be with 5 games to go. I didn’t like what I saw coming from that nor what happened on the pitch.

Different opinions aren’t daft they’re just different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    No one upset me. Last week was wonderful and I’ve enjoyed the season. Even Zheng folk have been quick to judge different decisions made by people within the club I think that I’ve kept consistent in what I’ve said.

We came to the last game and it was like a party yet we had no fireworks, no cake, no champagne or real celebration.
    I was dwelling on the point that this could be it with 5 games to go. Nothing to play for and no real attachment to what’s happening on the field of play.

The best part of football is the coming together as friends and families and creating memories of good and bad moments. On the pitch decisions that change the game. Great performances from players as well as shyte ones.

Yesterday was a glimpse of what could be with 5 games to go. I didn’t like what I saw coming from that nor what happened on the pitch.

Yes it definitely wasn’t the party I was expecting but not really a surprise how the game went tbh, but no Frog that wasn’t a glimps of what would’ve been coming with five games to go because for starters there’s no way them youngsters would’ve been on bench never mind fetching on and we wouldn’t have rested certain players even if they weren’t fit they would’ve been in the line up

Square profile picture
    Rotherham United
    @OfficialRUFC
    ·
    17h
    �� | Here's our shortlist:

#rufc | #ForeverTogetherForeverProud
    Viktor Johansson
    51.3%
    Cameron Humphreys
    7.8%
    Jamie Lindsay
    6.9%
    Richard Wood
    34%
    715 votes
    ·
    Final results

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

I haven’t missed a game all season and trust me it would be great to be safe with 5 games to go next season. For the ones who travel away I’ve spoken to they are Hoping for a boring mid table finish.

How you can find not be happy about that imo just doesn’t make sense.

It felt like a pre season game, or what it was...a pointless end of season game.
    Would have been nice to see someone up front with Hugill for the whole game, make no mistake, next season will be very difficult again, we really need someone who is going to score at least 15 goals, none of the current strikers have a chance of that.

3 and 4 games ago we were poor against Cardiff and Bristol city.

Yesterday was far less stressful

Hugill would have been useful in League One, but out of his depth in the Championship, three year contract looks like a mistake.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast