+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket allocation

Ticket allocation

Bolton Wanderers have given Barnsley around 2100 tickets for next Saturday. No more will be made available either.

I wonder if we give Bolton the full North stand allocation of 5k for the return leg?

Or do we reciprocate and give them 2k and split the North stand in half like we did against Pompey if demand is such from the home support?

Sounds like they are getting 2100 in the return leg in response , something Whitey hinted on bbs .

Don't think the North will be split though .

APPARENTLY 2100 FOR TARN SUPPORTERS 1st LEGWAS BOLTONS RESPONSE TO BARNSLEY TICKET ALLOCATION FOR 2nd LEG FOR BOLTONS SUPPORTERS SYP ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS???

You were given less because of the limited amount you gave to Wanderers. We apparently asked for more but we’re refused so you’ve now been given a similar amount but in the upper tier. Can’t blame you for wanting to keep the space for your own fans in such an important game.

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    APPARENTLY 2100 FOR TARN SUPPORTERS 1st LEGWAS BOLTONS RESPONSE TO BARNSLEY TICKET ALLOCATION FOR 2nd LEG FOR BOLTONS SUPPORTERS SYP ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS???
    I doubt SYP have anything at all to do with this , being in the last few weeks 5000 were allowed to attend from both Ipswich & the Wendies plus when we play Bolton there are no other matches going on in the area so resources will not be over stretched , nothing to see here apart from our club playing Bolton at their own game .

I find it strange either way. Both clubs would sell 5k away tickets imo.

So far I have read three different versions of "The 2000 Ticket Allocation Affair" and i have no idea which is correct----

1. Bolton were first to allocate a limit of 2000 away tickets as they were only opening the bottom tier or upper tier of their away end to away fans as they are confident of filling the other tier with home ticket sales. Barnsley FC then "retaliated" by only allocating/ deciding whether to only allocate 2000 away tickets for the Oakwell second leg.

2. Barnsley were first to allocate a limit only 2000 tickets as Bolton had requested more tickets beyond their initial allocation of 2000 but were refused by Barnsley. Bolton then retaliated by only giving Barnsley 2000 tickets. An example of this line of thinking is Barnsley White in Post 4 above

3. A BBS er "Hooky Feller" went to a meeting of the Football Action Group yesterday (Tuesday) evening, comprising representatives of all South Yorkshire clubs and South Yorkshire Police and he reports that the meeting "seemed to confirm that the away allocations were around the 2.1 to 2.3 K mark set by the EFL at all four Semi Final games. Based on practicalities" (BBS Thread "Ticket Sales Today" Post 47)

I have seen no confirmation from Barnsley FC on whether or not the North Stand will be split to house both Bolton and Barnsley fans or whether the 2000 Bolton fans will have sole occupation of the 5000/ 6000 seater North Stand leaving most seats empty.

It's a reyt carry on.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-05-2023 at 05:22 AM.

I am not sure at all about the decision making which has come up with the allocations but I firmly believe that Bolton wanted a low opponents allocation whether it was us or Wednesday who they played , a few days ago I read an article quoting that Evatt wanted a hostile & intimidating atmosphere for their opponents when they come to Bolton , I seem to remember Neil Harris banging the same drum when we played them at wembley , a similar outcome would be welcome .

It seems Bolton hand made their decision very early according to this report.

Barnsley FC or Sheffield Wednesday face reduced play-off allocation at Bolton Wanderers
    BOLTON WANDERERS have confirmed that part of the South Stand will be open to home supporters during their forthcoming League One play-off first leg semi-final with either Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday.

Leon Wobschall
    By Leon Wobschall
    Published 5th May 2023, 17:49 BST
    Updated 5th May 2023, 19:42 BST

Simple solution for me is to half the North stand if demand is such and it could well be if we get a result at Bolton.

I strongly suspect that the SYP won't have that segregation. Why not I say? If tha looks at Prem grounds. Every ground barring Molineux has segregation with away supporters.

I believe that the Walsall play off home leg in 2016 was a sell out in home areas and they only brought 2.5k leaving half the North stand empty. They could've done segregation for that game but on police advice decided not to. I reckon the Bolton game will be the same deal. Meks thi wonder why policing costs are so high at Barnsley. The potential flashpoints are the surrounding areas of the ground imo which is surely far harder to police than segregation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast