+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Wood testimonial.

Richard Wood testimonial.

I know he’s a year short officially but wouldn’t it be appropriate?
    Think of the legends that could play.
    Frecks
    Nardiello
    Derbyshire
    Warrington
    Warne

Would be a great day. Possibly play a Wednesday legends 11.

His Lazarus like come back this year sums up the ultimate Rotherham player and captain.

Thanks for the great memories Woody.

The problem would be who’d turn up, I don’t think many of our fans would seem bothered about it tbh and the timing doesn’t alway suit but then again getting the right people on the pitch would help.
    There probably would be some boos if Warney was there

It would be great though, he does deserve it

MT did say that the club should be doing something for him but that’s down to TS

I mentioned this a few days ago buddy how he hadn't filled his 10 year tenure but deserves some kind of reward and recognition for what he has put in over the years with us. His two goal salvo at Wembley was his greatest feat that saw us return to the Championship. I recall going in the Hilton after the game and up to the rooftop where they had all assembled. Woody was laid on a chaise lounge type of sofa all battered and bruised and still in his kit, with his sons gleefully holding onto the trophy. These are the type of memories I can always reflect on.

One of his signed shirts from the season before hangs proudly framed on my man cave wall, when I told him of this he was very humbled to think anyone would go to those kind of lengths about him. A very warm, family man that just gave his all for our club.

I hope this thread gets a lot of replies, the man fully deserves the recognition. Surely TS can have something organised with a game like you mentioned. A pre season one off maybe?
    Last edited by Brin; 09-05-2023 at 09:13 AM.

I’d love to see Lee Frecklington in a Rotherham shirt one more time. Even if it is in a testimonial.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    The problem would be who’d turn up, I don’t think many of our fans would seem bothered about it tbh and the timing doesn’t alway suit but then again getting the right people on the pitch would help.
    There probably would be some boos if Warney was there

It would be great though, he does deserve it

MT did say that the club should be doing something for him but that’s down to TS
    MT, I think you'd be surprised how many WOULD actually turn up for this man, pre season gets everyone excited as we make our way back to the NYS to see our team in their colours. Knowing it was all for Captain Fantastic would make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’d love to see Lee Frecklington in a Rotherham shirt one more time. Even if it is in a testimonial.
    You've prompted me to think, I've still got Frecks old training kit somewhere in a cupboard in the house.

Add Revell

Name:  IMG_4521.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  19.5 KB

Would be a cracking send off for him.
    I think he will go Donny would be a fantastic signing for them.
    Let’s hop something gets sorted.
    Oh and to see Frecks again would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Would be a cracking send off for him.
    I think he will go Donny would be a fantastic signing for them.
    Let’s hop something gets sorted.
    Oh and to see Frecks again would be amazing.
    Quite a few mention Donny, he’d probably do well there too

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast