+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Food on the coach

Food on the coach

For those that regularly use Notts County Travel are there any concerns about taking food/non-alcoholic drinks on the coach. I'll be breakfast hungry and then ready for a sandwich at lunchtime.

Additionally can stuff (not high value) be left on the coach for the match duration, and finally are these coaches fitted with facilities? (I don't remember the last time I travelled on a coach).

Ta muchly.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    For those that regularly use Notts County Travel are there any concerns about taking food/non-alcoholic drinks on the coach. I'll be breakfast hungry and then ready for a sandwich at lunchtime.

Additionally can stuff (not high value) be left on the coach for the match duration, and finally are these coaches fitted with facilities? (I don't remember the last time I travelled on a coach).

Ta muchly.
    I'm in a similar situation. I can't give an answer because the only times I've used to official coaches was when we were away at Liverpool and at Wembley with Notts Ladies. I took alcohol on board, but only drank it when we stopped at the services or arrived at the ground. I can't see soft drinks or food being a problem on the coach. I have to follow a gluten free diet and football grounds don't cater for people like me, so I'll be taking something to eat. I'll also be taking something to drink, but it won't be non-alcoholic so whether I get away with it remains to be seen.

Take some snap and drinks with you (no Alcohol, wink wink) They do stop at a service station but with Cheaterfield and Forest traveling it's going to be manic.
    You can leave your bags on the bus (you can't take them into the ground anyway)
    There is a loo on the bus (no solids)
    Like Elite say's I take a couple or three cans and neck em at the services, couple of cobs on me way down, couple saved on way back, job's a good un..

Quote Originally Posted by ALPIECINO View Post
    Take some snap and drinks with you (no Alcohol, wink wink) They do stop at a service station but with Cheaterfield and Forest traveling it's going to be manic.
    You can leave your bags on the bus (you can't take them into the ground anyway)
    There is a loo on the bus (no solids)
    Like Elite say's I take a couple or three cans and neck em at the services, couple of cobs on me way down, couple saved on way back, job's a good un..
    Brilliant thanks. That solves the problem of a nibble or two on the way back as well. We'll just cut back on the vindaloos

When do the team travel down to Wembley, I hope that it's not on the day

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    When do the team travel down to Wembley, I hope that it's not on the day
    I'd imagine it'll be the day before. They couldn't the last time because of the Covid restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Brilliant thanks. That solves the problem of a nibble or two on the way back as well. We'll just cut back on the vindaloos
    The coach ticket only says No Alcohol allowed on the coach. So soft drinks and food I'd assume are a goer.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    The coach ticket only says No Alcohol allowed on the coach. So soft drinks and food I'd assume are a goer.
    Yes that is correct you can bring food and soft drinks on the coach.

If you are smart you can buy a bottle of water and fill it with vodka if you are desperate 😂