+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty Taylor a man on a mission

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    100%.

We will be signing the following players.... All of which are what we've been getting anyway.

30+ Freebies with champ experience
    Kids from Premier / Good champ clubs on loan
    Punts from Lower leagues.

Hes also hung himself, because if we're bottom 5 or god forbid bottom 3 next season then he will have failed in terms of his own recruitment.

I get saying you want to do something different, but if I was Olly or Jamie id be fuming.
    He’s saying it as it is. Nothing wrong with that. He’s right that’s why we kept getting relegated. The January window saved us just. Another good window and we should be fine.
    The lads gave me everything and I’m proud of the players won’t cut it no more and for me it’s refreshing to hear.

Honesty the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    He’s saying it as it is. Nothing wrong with that. He’s right that’s why we kept getting relegated. The January window saved us just. Another good window and we should be fine.
    The lads gave me everything and I’m proud of the players won’t cut it no more and for me it’s refreshing to hear.
    Really ? I thought the January loans offered very little to the team, Coventry, Hughill apart, Fosu and Quina gave us nothing but problems, Leo had a couple of good games, Morrison, Blackett, Wright played small parts.
    The team that got the three points against Middlesbrough contained No loan players whatsoever !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Really ? I thought the January loans offered very little to the team, Coventry, Hughill apart, Fosu and Quina gave us nothing but problems, Leo had a couple of good games, Morrison, Blackett, Wright played small parts.
    The team that got the three points against Middlesbrough contained No loan players whatsoever !
    Didn't Morrison have a big role in 2 games and we won them both. 6 points, I would say it was a contribution

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    He is, so what's he doing different then? He hasn't said....

Didn't think anyone offered much that we got in, given we ended up with the players he'd frozen out back in the side anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Didn't Morrison have a big role in 2 games and we won them both. 6 points, I would say it was a contribution
    We’d only need another 230 outfield players to win the league 😁

Hugill scored five
    Fosu scored one

Fosu assisted two
    Coventry assisted two

If that hadn't happened from the january signings then we’d be down so I’d say they did help us stay up, not saying they were all great but they did help us stay up

Why are you trying to take that away from them?

Also maybe take a look at their stats
    Last edited by millertop; 11-05-2023 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Heard his comments today on Radio Sheffield where he quoted players in his current team are simply not good enough for the Championship.

To me he sounds like a no nonsense Manager, akin to Steve Evans without the vitriol attitude Evo had.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I loved Warney for what he gave me as a fan but Taylor for me takes no prisoners and good luck to him in being successful.

It’s a bold statement to stay some are simply not good enough….. over to you Matt and good luck.

TS being a no nonsense owner totally supports him. Injuries aside last season, Matt was sometimes guilty of poor subs and hopefully he may well learn from that.

Good luck to TS, Matty and his new team!
    Players not good enough for the Championship will not get Championship figures in terms of sell ons.

Sometimes it’s best not to be too honest.

We’ve made some big profits over the past few years and seen some good players fulfilling their potential with other clubs. This was done within the boundaries set by the club with TS’s blessing.

I think that MT will do well and if it’s a shift in a new direction then ok, I’m on board.
    I have liked the introduction of players like Fosu and Quina. They’re different from what we’ve had for many years an are exciting.

If we make a team for the Championship and it doesn’t go to plan then I fear a long disruption both on the field and off.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Hugill scored five
    Fosu scored one

Fosu assisted two
    Coventry assisted two

If that hadn't happened from the january signings then we’d be down so I’d say they did help us stay up, not saying they were all great but they did help us stay up

Why are you trying to take that away from them?
    Quina’s last ditch tackle at Hull won us a point

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Quina’s last ditch tackle at Hull won us a point
    I’m wasn’t happy with that red card

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast