+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty Taylor a man on a mission

Taylor might do well to not publicly say his players aren't Championship quality. The job of RUFC manager in the Champ will always be to create a squad and a way of playing that is better than the sum of its parts. We don't have the money for Champ players. He has to create and develop a Champ squad, not buy a squad full of Champ players, only to then go and play L1 hoofball.

And the ones we have soid on for money came from nothing and weren't originally Champ players Agjeyi, Crookes, Vaulkes. So Scott's job is to find the next gem and Taylors job is to get the best out of them.

Besides, whenever we do get a Champ quality player they are deemed 'luxury players' not good in a scrap and we revert back to players who run around a lot but with no skill. Norton-Cuffy did well for us, he was a class above, and a threat going forward which allowed Chieo a bit more freedom, but as soon as Taylor arrived he was out of the picture and sent packing, only to turn up and do well in a play-off achieving side at Coventry, so clearly he wasn't rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    Taylor might do well to not publicly say his players aren't Championship quality. The job of RUFC manager in the Champ will always be to create a squad and a way of playing that is better than the sum of its parts. We don't have the money for Champ players. He has to create and develop a Champ squad, not buy a squad full of Champ players, only to then go and play L1 hoofball.

And the ones we have soid on for money came from nothing and weren't originally Champ players Agjeyi, Crookes, Vaulkes. So Scott's job is to find the next gem and Taylors job is to get the best out of them.

Besides, whenever we do get a Champ quality player they are deemed 'luxury players' not good in a scrap and we revert back to players who run around a lot but with no skill. Norton-Cuffy did well for us, he was a class above, and a threat going forward which allowed Chieo a bit more freedom, but as soon as Taylor arrived he was out of the picture and sent packing, only to turn up and do well in a play-off achieving side at Coventry, so clearly he wasn't rubbish.
    Who was sent packing, Cuffy? He was recalled by Arsenal wasn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    Taylor might do well to not publicly say his players aren't Championship quality. The job of RUFC manager in the Champ will always be to create a squad and a way of playing that is better than the sum of its parts.
    I'd agree with that, I remember Neil Redfearn publicly saying something similar and we all know what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I'd agree with that, I remember Neil Redfearn publicly saying something similar and we all know what happened there.
    He hasn’t said all players just some players.
    He’s correct

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Hugill scored five
    Fosu scored one

Fosu assisted two
    Coventry assisted two

If that hadn't happened from the january signings then we’d be down so I’d say they did help us stay up, not saying they were all great but they did help us stay up

Why are you trying to take that away from them?

Also maybe take a look at their stats
    Stop talking sense millertop.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    He’s correct
    I never said he did.
    I'm not saying he isn't.

Here's the thing....what Taylor says is true, as fans we can all see that,but unless he can get rid of all the players who aren't good enough, then he could be shooting himself in the foot.
    One of Rotherham United's major strengths is unity and team spirit, so I hope he knows what he is doing,it's not like we can do a Notts Forest, mind you....Evans tried !

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    He’s correct
    Source says that Eaves, Wash, Bola, McCart, Kioso and Hull all released/made available. Assume these are the players that Taylor had in mind. Outfield, that implies that players he feels are suitable for the championship are Harding, Bramall, Videostar, Hump, Lyndsey, Ollie, Wiles, Hugill, Kelly. Who've I missed?

Some would argue that some of those players are technically not good enough for mid table chapionship - wonder how they are feeling about Taylor's comments?
    Last edited by ragingpup; 11-05-2023 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Source says that Eaves, Wash, Bola, McCart, Kioso and Hull all released/made available. Assume these are the players that Taylor had in mind. Outfield, that implies that players he feels are suitable for the championship are Harding, Bramall, Videostar, Hump, Lyndsey, Ollie, Wiles, Hugill, Kelly. Who've I missed?

Some would argue that some of those players are technically not good enough for mid table chapionship - wonder how they are feeling about Taylor's comments?
    Taylor is taking the emotion out of it. Us supporters don’t tend to do that. It’s a state of mind.
    He’s doing what he thinks is right. Looking at the list of leavers I would agree with him. We also don’t see what goes off behind the scenes.

Do we want a results focused manager or do we want someone who says all the nice things and comes across as a more people centric manager.

As a paying supporter I know which one I prefer.
    He will be judged on the results or at least should be which some people can’t get their head round.

Target number 1 keep us up he’s done that.
    Maybe that should be enough but clearly not.

is it ability or is it also injury prone except wash

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast