+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty Taylor a man on a mission

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    McCart 2025
    Bola 2024
    Eaves 2025
    Washington 2024
    Kioso 2025
    Hull 2023

They’re the names mentioned
    Others out of contract are either gone or in talks

Wood and Harding might be going, well more that likely
    Ogbene could be or hopefully he’s happy with the new contract

Tbh I wasn’t expecting that many but if MT doesn’t think they’re good enough then so be it
    Vickers..peltier…

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Vickers..peltier…
    I just added Vickers

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Get your point but how is saying the obvious in public, that some of the players are not good enough for the championship taking the emotion out of it? We all know this, and the released list would speak that for him anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally behind Matt and hope that his approach does as he says but am also aware that we can't afford even part of a team with the technical ability that can compete on football alone at this level, unless there is something agreed with TS that we aren't aware of re: the budget. Therefore the semblence of a team that performs better than the sum of their parts is surely going to have to continue. But creating and maintaining the kind of culture and ethic of a squad that we have become used to is in itself very difficult and whilst I hope Matty has all this under control, it shouldn't be taken for granted.

Matt said himself that us staying up had very little to do with himself. Quite admirably modest and also correct. He inherited and benefitted a culture that was instrumental in achieving this, and I am just concerned that his comments could indicate a delusion that better players can be brought in within our budget to achieve his aims whilst showing a willingness to speak words to the press that can impact a tight culture.
    He’s communicating his thoughts on the vision moving forward. He can’t win really because if he said nothing he would be criticised he’s been honest and he’s playing a risky game.
    He’s not emotional about it people reading his comments are.
    He inherited a culture of getting relegated from the championship as acceptable because we can’t compete. He’s changed that looking at what’s been achieved.
    It may not sit comfortably with some his direct straight talking approach and tbh that’s just tough **** really.

He’s here to get results something under previous regimes we couldn’t do in the championship long May it continue.
    I’m not emotional about it it’s a results business not a popularity contest.
    Maybe he should wear a beanie hat and make jokes in the press about his dog. Yep that would be better than making tough calls I think.

If Warne & Co thought that Eaves,Wash,Mccart and Kioso were good enough for the Champ last Summer then surely they'd be a bargain for Derby in League 1 next season!

''I'll take the lot'' ,should be his reaction!

On the few occasions we managed to see Kioso I always thought there was clearly a player there. I'd like to give him a full pre-season and see what we truly have. Only one from that list my gut says we may regret letting go.

Sounds as though MT thinks differently however, and he sees him daily.

Is this the interview you are referring to Brin:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fm483w

Can't find any others. He refers to some players will be released but can't see how anything he says is in anyway controversial or vision confirming. Just pretty much what I would expect him to say, quite moderate and sensible. Not sure how people are calling this 'straight talking' etc?

Might not be the right interview though - please someone link to it if you can find it. Ta muchly.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    On the few occasions we managed to see Kioso I always thought there was clearly a player there. I'd like to give him a full pre-season and see what we truly have. Only one from that list my gut says we may regret letting go.

I agree. When i had a run before the world cup break, he looked very solid. Quiute surprised to see him let go but as you say, Matt sees him in training everyday

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I agree. When i had a run before the world cup break, he looked very solid. Quiute surprised to see him let go but as you say, Matt sees him in training everyday
    Could just be a balancing up exercise

Broader cover across the squad but within the max squad size rules.

Not to have a lot of midfielders but not many defenders etc

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post

I agree with you about Kioso, but maybe his injury record goes against him? or maybe MT wants the team to play a certain way that he doesn't think Kioso would be good at? whatever the reason we just have to back the manager. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    He’s communicating his thoughts on the vision moving forward. He can’t win really because if he said nothing he would be criticised he’s been honest and he’s playing a risky game.
    He’s not emotional about it people reading his comments are.
    He inherited a culture of getting relegated from the championship as acceptable because we can’t compete. He’s changed that looking at what’s been achieved.
    It may not sit comfortably with some his direct straight talking approach and tbh that’s just tough **** really.

He’s here to get results something under previous regimes we couldn’t do in the championship long May it continue.
    I’m not emotional about it it’s a results business not a popularity contest.
    Maybe he should wear a beanie hat and make jokes in the press about his dog. Yep that would be better than making tough calls I think.
    Your incessant Warneyphobia is quite wearing. Please move on and shut up.

Taylor can claim some credit for keeping us up, but it doesn't make him a Messiah figure. Let's see how it goes.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast