+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Wembley Farce Bolton then Notts, Compare

The Wembley Farce Bolton then Notts, Compare

a good pal of mine's a Bolton Wanderers Season ticket holder,
    Three weeks ago he went to Wembley to see his team thrash Plymouth Argyle in the Papa Johns trophy final.
    in front of 80000 fans.
    so Notts getting there so soon after, i took the opportunity to ask him where did you get your tickets from Wembley ticket portal, or from Bolton Wanderers?
    Bolton Wanders he replied, the clubs sold them.

now in the past when Notts have got to wembley the last time being in the Womens Fa cup final v Chelsea, 2015-16
    ive just s strolled down to the club , and asked ticket for Wembley and travel on the coach please,
    and within a couple of minutes immediately been handed both.

compare this to what we have just had to go through. Progress they Calls It!

So Why? whats so special about bolton that The club could not handle the ticketing.
    dont they trust us, to cock it up as bad as they have done.

im over 70, a season ticket holder, a senior lifetime member of the supporters club, and this is the first time i cant get to a final.

i havnt got the internet at home, neither have i got a printer that can print online tickets off.

theres must be hundreds of notts fans older than me that arnt computer literate or dont have a or can afford a computer, and connection.
    and the not so well off fans who haven't got one or can access to one. or are a bit thick and cant get there head's round the intricacies of what now a days is termed computer literacy.

I dont blame the club for this mess, only what happened to Season Ticket holders priority booking, when it came to coach travel, and some 'jump on the bandwagon lets have a day out at wembley last time we did it was when Forest were in the play offs last year', getting a coach seat before me, but then again again, whats the use in going if you cant get in the ground unless youve got a printed ticket off the internet!

oh and by the way Come on You Pies, ive found a relations Tv thats got BT sport and im off there to watch it.

Inclusiveness amongst football fans in Football My ARrrse!

I've got a spare seniors ticket you are welcome to if you are able to make it? I'm happy to print it off for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    Three weeks ago he went to Wembley to see his team thrash Plymouth Argyle in the Papa Johns trophy final.
    in front of 80000 fans.
    so Notts getting there so soon after, i took the opportunity to ask him where did you get your tickets from Wembley ticket portal, or from Bolton Wanderers?

now in the past when Notts have got to wembley the last time being in the Womens Fa cup final v Chelsea, 2015-16
    ive just s strolled down to the club , and asked ticket for Wembley and travel on the coach please,

So Why? whats so special about bolton that The club could not handle the ticketing.

im over 70, a season ticket holder, a senior lifetime member of the supporters club, and this is the first time i cant get to a final.

i havnt got the internet at home, neither have i got a printer that can print online tickets off.

theres must be hundreds of notts fans older than me that arnt computer literate or dont have a or can afford a computer, and connection.
    and the not so well off fans who haven't got one or can access to one. or are a bit thick and cant get there head's round the intricacies of what now a days is termed computer literacy.

I dont blame the club for this mess, only what happened to Season Ticket holders priority booking, when it came to coach travel, and some 'jump on the bandwagon lets have a day out at wembley last time we did it was when Forest were in the play offs last year', getting a coach seat before me, but then again again, whats the use in going if you cant get in the ground unless youve got a printed ticket off the internet!

oh and by the way Come on You Pies, ive found a relations Tv thats got BT sport and im off there to watch it.

Agree with everything you say, and it has been a sh!tshow good and proper.
    The problem lies with the fact that the final is just 6 day's after the semi's and nobody knew who would actually be going to Wembley. Had there been a couple of weeks between them no doubt things would have been done differently. Same applies to travel arrangements. Not a lot Notts or Cheaterfield could do about it to be honest..

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    in front of 80000 fans.

So you don't know anyone who has a PC who could sort it out for you, surely a friend, relative or neighbour could do it for you. Like it or not, the internet is here to stay. I'm also over 70 (74 to be precise) and I use the internet all the time - do all my banking, holiday bookings even shopping during covid on it. It's the way of the world I'm afraid and so we just need to move with the times, it really is not that difficult, why don't you give it a go.

Sorry for you that you haven't managed to get a ticket - hopefully next season when we reach the L2 playoff final.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I've got a spare seniors ticket you are welcome to if you are able to make it? I'm happy to print it off for you as well.
    That's a kind offer, but I don't know if feeb will have read it. Haven't seen him post for a while, and I think he accesses the internet at his local library occasionally, so might not have seen your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's a kind offer, but I don't know if feeb will have read it. Haven't seen him post for a while, and I think he accesses the internet at his local library occasionally, so might not have seen your reply.
    That's a shame. I've seen quite a few people offering lifts as well, I'm sure we could have got him there.
    Gutted such a big fan will miss out on a special day.

I couldn't make it anyway but didn't realise that you couldn't get tickets through the club so I agree completely with feeb. I have a laptop & access to the net but no printer so other than ask a friend I'm not sure if I could have got one, although I realise that indeed the net is here to stay I hate the way it is being forced onto people & am determined to resist becoming one of the addicts who can't live without it brigade.

I don't know why the tickets have to be printed out on paper and can't be scanned at the turnstile on a phone like they are at Meadow Lane. What's that all about as well paying £2.50 for the privilege?

No doubt we will find out why we need paper ones on Saturday. Unless it's one of those turnstiles that takes the ticket?
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 12-05-2023 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I don't know why the tickets have to be printed out on paper and can't be scanned at the turnstile on a phone like they are at Meadow Lane.
    They can be scanned on a phone.

Edit - it was posted on another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Reply from Wembley - you can scan from phone:

Just to confirm you can scan your tickets from your phone if you wish, you will just need to make sure the barcode is scannable.

If you require any further support regarding this, please do contact me using reference number 683678 in any communication.

Kind regards,

Dan - Customer Engagement Officer
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 12-05-2023 at 12:05 PM.