+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Effing Eurovision

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Do they end up putting the fat kid in the net?
    The net would be well and truly stuffed. The draft covers around 400 players and as you probably know most NFL offensive/defensive linemen are over 300lbs.

I`m a big fan of the Beeb,but seriously.....what is the point of this tripe ?
    If it`s meant to be a genuine singing contest how come the worst act usually wins,even ABBA`s winner was sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I`m a big fan of the Beeb,but seriously.....what is the point of this tripe ?
    If it`s meant to be a genuine singing contest how come the worst act usually wins,even ABBA`s winner was sh*t.
    When Waterloo won the British jury gave it nil points

( I'm ashamed to know that bit of trivia)

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    When Waterloo won the British jury gave it nil points

( I'm ashamed to know that bit of trivia)
    Yes we did but it did go on to be voted the best Eurovision winner of all time.

Other titbits of information from that year. Our representative was an Aussie (Olivia Newton-John who came around 4th with Long Live Love) and it was held in Brighton because Luxemburg who had won the previous 2 competitions couldn't afford to host it again. Just like this year you can always count on the 'stiff upper lippers' (or is it the 'limp wristers') of good old blighty to step in when the going gets tough

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    For once I totally agree with gru
    Me too…..but not sure about his longwinded anacraynim..!.

I still do the dance that the Brotherhood of Man did when they win.

The wife loves me doing it and I do it to annoy the kids.

Have Australia won this year?

Last edited by frogmiller; 12-05-2023 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I don't think it can be any worse than an annual TV tradition here in the US. The NFL Draft. About 13 hours of prime live TV taken up by what is basically glorified coverage of the school playground activity of picking kids who you want on your team from a line up.
    Suppose it’s designed to be a filler and a reminder the games still around during the long off season.can’t imagine what I”d feel like if football here had a close season of around 8/9 months..

My Karaoké go to is Waterloo

My French mates don't join in

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Suppose it’s designed to be a filler and a reminder the games still around during the long off season.can’t imagine what I”d feel like if football here had a close season of around 8/9 months..
    That's true. The season does extend to about 6 months if you factor in pre-season and playoffs but for the majority of teams the competitive season is only 18 weeks long. Then you have to make do with the XFL which in essence I suppose would be like fans of The Premiership having to watch The Championship when the Premiership wasn't in season. Or alternatively you can take a break from the sport and watch NBA/NHL/MLB/MLS instead

The Victor Meldrew thread.
    Jeez does it matter.
    Pigs are losing 2 nil.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast