+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowyers sacking

Bowyers sacking

Once again, Dundee football club are the laughing stock of Scottish football due to the sacking of manager GARY BOWYER,

Since John Nelms tenure as CEO , its been one forward and two back, and no progress at this club.
    Gary Bowyer was given the managers job because he ticked all the right boxes..
    His first year in Scottish football, and he wins the league, ok a few bumps on the way, but only to be expected,
    He was popular with the majority of the supporters, and respected from fellow managers, plus he was ready to commit to another season with DFC despite family problems, provided he was given certain guarantees for next season.

Were the directors of DFC consulted on the sacking ? i notice no comments from GORDON STRACHAN, but thats only to be expected, as he has a cushy job with a second pension.
    Is it an old pals act from Strachan regarding DAVIDSON ? or would Bowyer still be here if Davidson was not available ?

we should be going into the premier league with stability and continuity, thats gone, plus most of the players are not signed
    up for next season, how many will we lose ?
    What a shambles,
    It seems no one connected with DFC are prepared to stand up to JOHN NELMS.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Once again, Dundee football club are the laughing stock of Scottish football due to the sacking of manager GARY BOWYER,

Since John Nelms tenure as CEO , its been one forward and two back, and no progress at this club.
    Gary Bowyer was given the managers job because he ticked all the right boxes..
    His first year in Scottish football, and he wins the league, ok a few bumps on the way, but only to be expected,
    He was popular with the majority of the supporters, and respected from fellow managers, plus he was ready to commit to another season with DFC despite family problems, provided he was given certain guarantees for next season.

Were the directors of DFC consulted on the sacking ? i notice no comments from GORDON STRACHAN, but thats only to be expected, as he has a cushy job with a second pension.
    Is it an old pals act from Strachan regarding DAVIDSON ? or would Bowyer still be here if Davidson was not available ?

we should be going into the premier league with stability and continuity, thats gone, plus most of the players are not signed
    up for next season, how many will we lose ?
    What a shambles,
    It seems no one connected with DFC are prepared to stand up to JOHN NELMS.
    And that includes fans representatives.

First I don’t agree with the sacking, but folk are missing the fact his commitment to Dundee was not what Nelms wants for the club, his family didn’t move up to the area, he himself was only here three day a week most weeks as he traveled home when no midweek games, I don’t blame them for wanting more commitment from him

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    First I don’t agree with the sacking, but folk are missing the fact his commitment to Dundee was not what Nelms wants for the club, his family didn’t move up to the area, he himself was only here three day a week most weeks as he traveled home when no midweek games, I don’t blame them for wanting more commitment from him
    Seemingly has been appointed new Blackpool manager. Maybe Dundee not so much at fault here. Will we ever know?

The starting point is Nelms is a complete and utter head spinning non footballing bellend.

Maybe he needs a manager who sends abusive texts to players in the early hours and spends a fair amount of time arguing with supporters on twitter and getting embroiled wee effeminate dabs on the Perth rd.

Much more committed.

Reading between lines DFC asked for commitment, as is our right, he couldn’t give it, as is his right, we pulled the trigger, as is our right.

Nelms is only interested in Yes men who will do his bidding and agree with everything that he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    And that includes fans representatives.
    It is very disappointing that there has been no response from the Dee4life board of directors to the sacking of Gary Bowyer. According to the front page of their new website they are supposed to represent the wider global Dundee FC supporters in addition to their members.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Reading between lines DFC asked for commitment, as is our right, he couldn’t give it, as is his right, we pulled the trigger, as is our right.
    i believe GARY BOWYER when he says he was looking forward to being manager of Dundee in the premier league, plus the fact he was wanting to raise the standards at the club, which put the onus on Nelms.
    when you make a decision to sack a manager, especially a successful manager, all of the board should be consulted, and i dont believe
    this happened.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)