+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark McGhee

Mark McGhee

Everyone forgiven him yet? Came across really well in that BBC documentary & seems to have backpedaled on his vow never to set foot in Aberdeen again. I’m just going to pretend that his managerial stint didn’t happen.

To be fair he did come across well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Everyone forgiven him yet? Came across really well in that BBC documentary & seems to have backpedaled on his vow never to set foot in Aberdeen again. I’m just going to pretend that his managerial stint didn’t happen.
    Not quite at forgiveness yet, but I would like to get there. A childhood hero! I try to separate the player and the manager, but can't forget those days under his reign!

he got a great reception at pittodrie today as one of the gothenburg greats and deservedly so

Thought exactly the same- he tarnished his legacy as manager but will always be a playing legend and he showed a humble side in that documentary that hasn’t always been seen.

Not really a lot to forgive in my opinion. The 9-0 drubbing at Celtic was very embarrassing and his response was silly. His spat with a Dandie was extremely amusing. His ambition is natural for a fitba player. Celtic was his Bhoyhood club but he always seemed to put in an extra effort against them. And we gave him a hard time if we're honest. Balancing all that against his contribution to Aberdeen's most ever successful period nothing to forgive IMO. On the contrary the Man is a legend,

Bit of context... Ryan Jack ?

Name:  345629484_772428711084576_4348616809811943227_n.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  48.6 KB

Sorry wrong thread,

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    Thought exactly the same- he tarnished his legacy as manager but will always be a playing legend and he showed a humble side in that documentary that hasn’t always been seen.
    I'd agree with you.
    Did Leighton comment on Fergie in any way?