+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

On the Roberts vs. Nemane debate I'm somewhere in the middle of the opposing more extreme views, but leaving towards AN.

Roberts has better technique, clearly a better striker of the ball, a little more comfortable on the ball. Nemane, is faster (speed kills) works harder, better defensively, better out of possession, more versatile. He's more of a system player. Roberts is more a maverick raw talent.

My view is likely to be slightly skewed as the more fresh perfomances from Cal were after the injury , where his performance dropped from a very high standard, and he became less effective and more predictable as TSHANO says. Choice now who i have for next season , especially if Ruben stayed, is Nemane.

There was a debate on here comparing Ruben Vs Cal, for me that stopped being a debate quickly under IB.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    So he's not lying then.Thank you for sorting that one out.i hope Durhams not offended by your insinuations.
    That's correct. He shouldn't be (BOTD) , everyone makes mistakes, everyone gets things wrong.

"Perfect is boring" Mike Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Cal Roberts is no-where near the player that Aaron Nemane is.
    It's much closer than that for me, both Roberts and Nemane have been great in a Notts shirt. Never understood the criticism of Cal's workrate, I never saw him give any less than 100%.

If Roberts had the benefit of being coached by Luke Williams, I think he might shade it.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’d like to see the breakdown of those stats actually, would be interesting to see when and where they came…..but 18 games isn't half a season. So 12 in a season, 3 coming against the mighty Kings Lynn. 9 coming from cutting inside and hitting with his left foot I suppose? How many assists exactly? How many were he beat a man down the line and put a cross in….not many I’d wager!

There will be those who look back at Cal with rose tinted specs. I appreciated some of his moments of magic but wasn’t sad to see him go like I would be if Ruben goes, totally different levels of player. Perhaps I’m coming over a bit harsh on him, I’m not meaning to….I just feel Nemane has come in for some stick from some posters when he’s actually been much better than the hailed Cal Roberts!
    Nemane to be fair has not had a bad season, taking into account some of the poor opposition. But the big question is, if he stays, is he good enough to take us to the next level ? I personally think that his level is somewhere between the bottom half of Div 2 & the top 6 of the National league. If there's room for improvement in the team, then Notts should put sentiment aside and go for it.. That's just my opinion, but who knows he may prove me wrong..

It’s a tough one for me, I think Cal is the better player but he could never adapt to WB and to Nemanes credit he’s done fantastic well to. I think Durham fails to see his work rate, his ability to take balls in tight areas and most of all his timing of his runs when the balls knocked around the corner, it’s a skill in itself.
    I wonder if Notts would go back in for Cal? He’s had a disaster with injuries this season and maybe his times already up at Aberdeen???
    Last edited by matt_magpie; 30-05-2023 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's correct. He shouldn't be (BOTD) , everyone makes mistakes, everyone gets things wrong.

"Perfect is boring" Mike Wolfe
    I'm confused.so you made a mistake in calling Durham a liar..?
    Cal would never had made a regular wing back.

My take is that Cal Roberts had a bit of an ego check at Blyth, joined Notts, worked hard and showed real quality. Unfortunately his ego got the better of him, he turned a bit petulant and caused a bit of a rift in the dressing room (free cal anyone?) after coming back from injury not anywhere close to his best.

We did well if we got the rumoured £160k for him, that paid for Langstaff, Austin and Scott.

Nemane might not be as technically gifted as Roberts, but his attitude is far superior and is still a great all round player.

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose Nemane

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    My take is that Cal Roberts had a bit of an ego check at Blyth, joined Notts, worked hard and showed real quality. Unfortunately his ego got the better of him, he turned a bit petulant and caused a bit of a rift in the dressing room (free cal anyone?) after coming back from injury not anywhere close to his best.
    If we're calling it what it is, Callum Roberts' problem appears to be that he's not the brightest. Great intelligence in his feet, as often seen during his time playing for us, but no so much in his brain, as shown by his various crass postings on social media.

We did well if we got the rumoured £160k for him, that paid for Langstaff, Austin and Scott.

Nemane might not be as technically gifted as Roberts, but his attitude is far superior and is still a great all round player.

But do you think he would be good enough to play in a team challenging for promotion from Div 2 ?

Free Cal 😂 Forgot about that!

I think he did have a bit of attitude but in terms of effort and desire I don't think anyone can criticise him too much. I’ll never forget seeing him break down again v Hartlepool and how much it hurt him, nobody can say he didn’t care.

If that is indeed true about the proceeds of his sale going towards those three players then the club have played an absolute blinder!

Page 48 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast