+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather......

Win the League, or be in the top (whatever) that gets you promo. I've had enough of that P/O stress to last a lifetime.

The last two games have been arguably the most dramatic 250 minutes most Notts fans have ever known, so it’s a no-brainer for me - the playoffs. I will never hear the name Charlie Slater ever again without hearing his scream of “It’s in!!!!” when Baldwin got the second last Sunday.

Good question. I think being champions as yes it was brilliant at Wembley yesterday but I still haven't got my voice or heart rate back to normal ha ha. Less stress is the way for me!

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Playoffs every time. A win at Wembley is a memory to treasure for life.
    Absolutely, yesterday was a first visit to Wembley for two of my grandsons.

With the benefit of hindsight, I’d have gone for playoffs… however my ticker probably disagrees!

I’ve also said all season that Notts would win the playoffs and not the championship… I just never envisaged it would be so stressful.

I nigh on had a massive panic attack yesterday at Wembley…

We had this discussion on the way home. For me, the last two games have been horrendous, but... absolutely incredible. As much as winning the title would have been great, our route through the playoffs would be my choice.

I should probably have explained the original question better. It wasn't about top spot v taking a chance in the playoffs, it was about top spot v going up by winning the playoffs.

Basically, would you rather have achieved the goal we all wanted by the easy, comfortable route that Wrexham deservedly managed, or the gut churning massively stressful route we took?

It boils down to epic memories v the NL Trophy. I'll go for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    .... have won automatic promotion like Wrexham, or promotion like we did?

Obviously automatic was far less stressful, but automatic would have denied us the semi-final win against Boreham Wood which was one of the most amazing games I've seen, and also being in Meadow Lane with an atmosphere at the end to match anything I've seen. We would also have been denied yesterday, and while it was incredibly nervy, it resulted in a 'cup final' win at Wembley that will live long in the memory for all who were there, and many who weren't there.

I would go for our way, because those memories will mean more to me than a Vanarama National League trophy ever would.
    Hind-sight is a wonderful thing as they say however winning the playoffs takes some beating
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 14-05-2023 at 07:26 PM.

Amazing, albeit stressful, unless you are a neutral!! Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere, but all the goals in open play were scored at the same end, in front of the Notts fans - Even the penalties were at our end 😳

Playoffs 100%
    The last week has been the most intense/insane/stressful/joyous/tearful/delirious week I’ve ever known.
    Now it’s over, I have the most incredible memories with family and friends. Some of which have never been to Notts and are now considering buying ST’s.
    My daughter, who would take or leave coming to games, is now completely in love with Notts and can’t wait for next season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast