+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather......

Would you rather......

.... have won automatic promotion like Wrexham, or promotion like we did?

Obviously automatic was far less stressful, but automatic would have denied us the semi-final win against Boreham Wood which was one of the most amazing games I've seen, and also being in Meadow Lane with an atmosphere at the end to match anything I've seen. We would also have been denied yesterday, and while it was incredibly nervy, it resulted in a 'cup final' win at Wembley that will live long in the memory for all who were there, and many who weren't there.

I would go for our way, because those memories will mean more to me than a Vanarama National League trophy ever would.

When it works out our way, however we all know the heartbreak when it doesn't. In short promotion first the rest is just a Brucey bonus (that will show the age divide in fans on this forum).

Good question but for me it's not even close.

Last minute equalisers (twice), a packed out Meadow Lane with a great atmosphere, a last minute winner, a trip to the national stadium with Notts for the first time with friends and family and a penalty shoot out victory. If Carlsberg did promotions....

I half jokingly said to my bro after the match that is was better than winning the title and came up with a little ditty on the spot. He smiled, shook his head and disagreed. And after those 120 mins I don't blame him one bit

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    When it works out our way, however we all know the heartbreak when it doesn't.
    The question is based on us winning.

If it wasn't, the answer is obvious.

Champions every time, get the job done and dusted

Always prefer the winning in a cup final atmosphere, that is equally obvious. But since the Warnock era (except for the Anglo Italian cup in 95), it has been a source of extreme pain to us.

Winning the league is amazing, but winning at Wembley and the memories it brings along with the semi-final v Boreham wood then it isn’t even close!

One of the best days of my life yesterday!

Now it's all over I think the playoffs was an amazing way to go up...it was heart wrenching at times but the reward at the end was amazing 👏

Playoffs every time. A win at Wembley is a memory to treasure for life.

Whilst yesterday was (on the whole) rather traumatic, I’ve been lucky enough to see Notts win the League twice. However, my main residing playoff memory is 1996 when, aged 9, I cried all the way home from Wembley.

For as long as I live, I will never forget yesterday under the arch. As nice as stuffing Wrexham would have been, I wouldn’t change that experience for the world.
    Last edited by The_Pie_Man; 14-05-2023 at 05:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast